Cleaning my new, fancy accuflex barrier line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritsak

Reaction score
Like many others on the forum, i jumped on the bandwagon and bought a length of the accuflex barrier line. So far so go, i'm happy with the purchase. I am almost finished with my first keg since changing lines, and i'm curious if anyone knows whether the standard cleaning procedure (BLC, followed by rinse and starsan) is what's recommended with this type of line. It would be nice if i could be extra lazy and just do a rinse with water then starsan;)

I doubt beer stone cares what kind of fancy, high-fallutin' beer line it's running through - it'll still stick and build in it. I'd go with your original regimen...

Cheers!

The glass barrier line is more resistant to calcium deposition, but the metal fittings and couplers connecting the line are not. ;)

The glass barrier line is more resistant to calcium deposition, but the metal fittings and couplers connecting the line are not. ;)

That's a good point. I hadn't considered the other components that the beer comes in contact with.

Back