Have some leftovers.. need help with 2nd recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
I'm doing a Red Trolley clone (or something close to it) and I'm going to have some leftover grains and hops that I want to use towards an IPA or Pale Ale.

It'll probably be something of a kitchen-sink recipe, which is fine with me, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

My leftovers consist of:

1/4lb 60L
1/4lb 75L
1/2lb Cara-pils/dextrine
1oz Glacier hops
1pack of Nottingham

I'll be doing a partial-mash and i'll have enough room to mash up to 4.5lbs, so with what's listed I have room for 3.5lbs of grain.

I'd also like to do a full boil to break in my new keggle.

Ideas?

Thanks guys

This is what I came up with real quick. I'm ordering from morebeer and since they only allow incriments of 1lb, thats what i used for the grains.

2lb Domestic 2-row
1lb Munich
.5lb Carapils/Dextrine
.25lb Crystal 60L
.25lb Crystal 75L
6lbs Light DME

1oz Columbus 60min
1oz Columbus 45min
1oz Glacier 30 min
.5oz Cascade 15min
.5oz Cascade 5min
1oz Cascade - Dry Hop

Figure mash at 152* for 60 min, try to collect enough for 3 gallons of wort, and then add another 3.25 gallons for a boil volume of 6.25 and after 60 min boil down to 5.25 gallons.

I'm at work and don't have access to BeerSmith, so this is something i just tossed together and thought it might be interesting.

Any comments on the recipe listed above??

Getting ready to head home and try to plug it all into beersmith, but i'm hoping to order all this stuff up tomorrow if it sounds like it should be decent.

Back