I just finished my first partial mash!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanabeer

Reaction score
Whew! I'm tired, but it was worth it for the satisfaction of learning how to mash my own grain. Of course the true test will come when I taste the finished product. I am completely addicted to homebrewing! Hey, does anybody have an opinion on their favorite brewing software? I know the microbrewery guys use these programs to create their own beer recipe, and I am thinking of attempting my own also.

I really, really like Beersmith. Its easy to make recipes and easy to organize and store them, highly recommended.

+1 on the BeerSmith. It has a free download to try for 30 days (or so). Then $20 to license if you like it.

Congrats on your PM.:rockin:

wanabeer said:
Whew! I'm tired, but it was worth it for the satisfaction of learning how to mash my own grain. Of course the true test will come when I taste the finished product.
Congrats on making a big step forward. If your batch comes out anything like my first PM, you're in for a big, pleasant surprise! I was astonished what a huge improvement substituting base malt for half the LME in my favorite pale ale made. There is no turning back to extract brewing for me, those days are over. In fact, weather permitting, I'll be brewing my first all grain batch on Sunday.

I have to agree with those recommending Beersmith, I think it's the class of the field. I've learned SO MUCH about brewing, just by changing ingredients and other parameters in any given recipe, and "contemplating the ifs." It would be a bargain at three times the price.

Back