GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoyed Altered Carbon.

Now I need a new show. Thinking of revisiting HBO's Boardwalk Empire, but a good sci fi type show would be great as well.

I liked Altered Carbon a lot too, especially the later episodes. The only issue I had with it was how often they switched to a foreign language with subtitles. Most of that was pretty unnecessary.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. After watching Narcos, that doesn't really bother me anymore. So barely noticed it.

I watch everything with subtitles now. I typically watch shows after the kids go to bed, so I turn the volume way down.

Although now I've gotten used to it and miss them when they aren't on...

Once you get accustomed to subtitles it opens up shvtload of great films.

"OSS 117: Cairo, a Den of Spies" might be the funniest spy spoof ever.

I watched The Cloverfield Paradox. It's entertaining enough, but has a lot of silliness that requires suspension of disbelief. There are barely any monsters. It's basically filler to segue into the next installment.

I watched The Cloverfield Paradox. It's entertaining enough, but has a lot of silliness that requires suspension of disbelief. There are barely any monsters. It's basically filler to segue into the next installment.

I made it through about 10 minutes then deleted it.

We're bingeing on The Path, over on Hulu.

About a cult.

Very good, we like the leads, Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan & Hugh Dancy

I got bored waiting for my wife to come to bed, so I picked up GLOW again. I watched one or two episodes before, but this time the characters started to be developed, and it actually wasn't too bad! The manager dude is pretty greasy, but you can tell he's got some heart underneath it all and.

Been watching The Americans on Prime. Really enjoying it so far. About half way through season 2.

I've started watching End of the F***ing World on Netflix. Finished episode 4 and liking it.
Liked this one as well.

Just jumping in the thread. Has Black Mirror been mentioned yet? Great short stories that take place in the future and are scary because they're futuristic in the ways that are actually realistic and where we're probably actually headed.

Also watching the Frankenstein chronicles and it’s pretty good. Finished the first season and moving on to the second.

Anyone try Babylon Berlin?

Also finished the second season of “the expanse” and I’m a fan. It’s ok prime though.

Just jumping in the thread. Has Black Mirror been mentioned yet? Great short stories that take place in the future and are scary because they're futuristic in the ways that are actually realistic and where we're probably actually headed.
Black Mirror is awesome!!

I love anthologies. You can watch it out of order and it won't matter.

it is based on the Stephen King story, but isn't the same town or characters & The Mist itself isn't the same as the story or the movie.

the story and movie it seemed the critters were more alien or demonic, whereas the show it's more Nature getting its revenge and the military conspiracy aspect is played up more.

I thought it was awful. thought it was similar to Under the Dome ("let's just think of the weirdest **** we can think of, film it... like they did with Lost") and everyone trapped in the Dome/Island/Mist says "the Dome/Island/Mist made me do whatever astonishingly moronic **** I did" or "I think the Dome/Island/Mist wants me to do other completely pig-fooking stupid ****",

it's not nearly as good as UtD and UtD was complete crap

example from Under the Dome: there are butterflies on the ground and obviously dead. one of the characters (we called her Fivehead, because she had more forehead than most people. I think her contract stipulated she roll her eyes at least 47 times an episode) actually says "they're butterflies! and they're dead!"

much of the same from The Mist

Last edited:
Black Mirror is awesome!!

I love anthologies. You can watch it out of order and it won't matter.
Just finished the 4th season last night and really enjoyed it. It's like a modern day Twilight Zone. They do have some easter eggs of referring to previous episodes. It doesn't affect the story in anyway if you haven't seen that previous episode but it sort of makes it feel like there is an over-arcing world that encompasses all these stories.

About the Berlin police post WW1 and pre WW2. Roarin' Twenties and all.

Gets into the tension of the political landscape at the time, but mostly its about the police and surrounding characters.

Its well done but be warned its in all German so subtitles are a must. Its funny how many English words are derived from German. Gut.

Joel McHale show with Joel McHale is pretty funny.

Amount as much pop culture I can stand... and he makes fun of it!

Joel McHale show with Joel McHale is pretty funny.

Amount as much pop culture I can stand... and he makes fun of it!

The Soup Lite. still, parts are hilarious.

this week's episode: the Japanese prank show where they drop the floor of an elevator out from under unsuspecting women had me dying

& he makes fun of American Idol by mocking a lame show returning on a different network with the same tired host

I watched season 1 of The Expanse on Amazon. Really well done. Political action thriller with a touch of detective noir. Reminds me of Battlestar Galactica with a little bit of Firefly and a 24 vibe. I'm anxious to find time for season 2.

I watched season 1 of The Expanse on Amazon. Really well done. Political action thriller with a touch of detective noir. Reminds me of Battlestar Galactica with a little bit of Firefly and a 24 vibe. I'm anxious to find time for season 2.
I know its pase' but the books are even more spectacular. But I agree. Great show and holds up even after reading the books.

Back