Belgian Pale Ale Packaging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
So I have a belgian pale ale that turned out fantastic with what appears to be an especialy healthy batch of harvested chimay yeast.

OG = 1.051
FG = 1.006

I have a stable of 18 kegs to serve and store beer but I also have a bunch of 22 oz bombers available. I am wondering what would be the best way to handle this brew from a packaging perspective?

Is there a consensus that somehow bottle conditioned belgian beers are more authentic? Is a beer of this low gravity even a candidate for long term storage and conditioning.

From my experience belgian-style beers (especially Chimay) are best when bottle-aged.

But unless you've got a lot of hops in there (not sure how close to a belgian IPA your belgian pale is) you might not want to age it too long since it's pretty low gravity. Best thing is probably just to have a few here and there and see how it's going. If at some point you think it's starting to pass it's peak then drink up before it goes south.

Back