Using canned fruit juices??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another newb question. I've done some searching online and found numerous recipes for using canned fruit juices. The cider I have available is pasterized but we have a bent-n-dent store here local and I have access to lots of canned goods. Has anyone tried this? Maybe make a blend??

Also- just placed my order with Rebel Brewing. Ordered a few packs of Nottingham dry yeast, some air-locks and some stoppers. Now I just need to get my fermenting container ready to roll and my juice and suger.

I pretty exited!!

You can definitely use canned or frozen juices! Just read the label, and don't use any that have "potassium sorbate" or "sodium benzoate" in them.

I have quite a few recipes posted for wine, and a couple of them use frozen or canned juices (like Welch's Grape Juice). It comes out pretty good! Look at "recipes" under my avatar to see the types of ingredients I use in them. Usually pectic enzyme and some tannin. If you're ordering stuff anyway, you may want to consider picking up some pectic enzyme.

I've made wine from all kinds of stuff, from dandelion petals to canned whole cranberry sauce! A really good one is from Welch's frozen apple/peach concentrate. The cranberry sauce one is in secondary now- it's going to be a really good one!

Thanks for the reply. I have about a week until my yeast arrives so I want to get a few recipes together. I will be making my fermenting tank out of a food-grade 5-gallon bucket, so I have that to work at.

Back