Do you refill or exchange your CO2 bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one new 5# tank, two used 5# tanks, and a used 20# tank, the used ones get swapped, while the new gets refilled (now used as a backup if I run out and can't swap right away). The new one I bought when I first started kegging, the used ones were acquired through craigslist. I'll eventually swap out the new tank when it's close to expiring.

Refill here $12 for a 5lb tank, $20 for a 10lb tank, and $3 for a 20 oz tank for traveling. I bought a $3 adapter and it works great. All from the local paintball place.

I have one new 5# tank, two used 5# tanks, and a used 20# tank, the used ones get swapped, while the new gets refilled (now used as a backup if I run out and can't swap right away). The new one I bought when I first started kegging, the used ones were acquired through craigslist. I'll eventually swap out the new tank when it's close to expiring.

The Hydro testing for my last tank was under 10 bucks.....not worth swapping IMHO

I exchange and refill. I have one 20lb that I exchange and 2 20lbs that I get refilled, they aren't new and shinny, actually they are 34+ years old, they belonged to my grandpa, he was a Grain Belt Beer distributor.

Costs me the same to refill or exchange, just refills take some time. Comes out to around $17 for the 20lb.

I got my tanks used and ugly from craigslist, so exchange makes more sense. Especially when Airgas wants $17 to exchange a 20 lb tank, and the fire extinguisher place that fills them wants $36.

Refill here $12 for a 5lb tank, $20 for a 10lb tank, and $3 for a 20 oz tank for traveling. I bought a $3 adapter and it works great. All from the local paintball place.

Same here. A paintball store is the only place I could find to even fill a tank. My kegerator came with a brand new shiny one and I felt strongly about not exchanging it, so called around all day when I finally found the paintball store.

$14 to fill a 5# tank.

Back