Bravo Hops for Dry Hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thataintchicken

Reaction score
I'm dry hopping my latest IPA attempt with 1 oz of Bravo Hops.
I have a good supply of them and I thought -- why not?

Is this a good idea or should I just stick to using them as bittering hops.

these whole hops are sitting at 13.4% BTW.

I have used them for a dry hop. They are OK, not my favorite. If I ever use them again I will probably blend them with something like Chinook or Simcoe.

I have sampled IPA's dry hopped with bravo and a mix of bravo and centennial. I definitely preferred the latter. I think bravo is a better bittering hop than aroma hop -- I find it a bit coarse on the nose. But fine in small quantities, especially if mixed with something complimentary.

OMG. This smells so good.
Going into bottles next week.

If you are on my Xmas list... be ready for IPA.

I have sampled IPA's dry hopped with bravo and a mix of bravo and centennial. I definitely preferred the latter. I think bravo is a better bittering hop than aroma hop -- I find it a bit coarse on the nose. But fine in small quantities, especially if mixed with something complimentary.

amarillo, bravo and cascade. it's my ABCIPA.
:rockin:

Well...i gotta say im using bravo a lot in my recipies. Lataly i made a Bravo Glaciar IPA i entended to sellto some friends. 40L
The thing is, i sold a little and stopped cause it was so good i wanted to keep it for myself. I have my fridge filled with a lot of lupulated beers, from a lot of ppl and brewerys from my coutry...and i gotta say in a humble way...they are still sitting there , and i just have 6 bottles left of my ipa, and im very sad...

Latest posts

Back