what to do with sanke keg diptube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseHair

Reaction score
I got a sanke keg to get cut into a new keggle that ill be adding a ball valve and sight glass to. i I took out the diptube and it was just sitting around my house for a few days before i realized i could use it as a level gauge for my 8 Gal megapot. all i did was take my pipe cutter and ran it around the tube at the Gal marks just enough to bend it in a bit and make a nice level line. No sharpie or tape necessary I now have a nice stainless steel level gauge for my current kettle without wasting anything useful.

Im sure someone else has already done this and shared but i havent seen it so i thought i would. pic included.

PmT7q.jpg

I did this also! I also took the gas side spring and housing off, makes it a little bit cleaner looking and is also easier on the hands.

I had another one I made into a mash paddle.

Interesting ideas. I have a handful of these laying around wondering what I'd do with them.

Would be interested in a pic of the paddle conversion for ideas.

Latest posts

Back