Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me or do dragons normally show up at all the wrong times? I'm trying to sneak into a village that's got a big bounty on me and then low and behold a dragon brings out all the guards. Guess that's karma for killing Imperial guards.

Was it Markarth? I uncovered a major conspiracy there and now every time I go there they all want me dead, even after I pay off the bounty.

Actually I think it is, and Dragon Bridge, well and Solitude. But Markath is where I have also been hit with two dragons in the past couple of days. Not sure if the StormCloak quests have anything to do with it.

Ok.... I'm in Folgunthur.... everything is cleared.... I have what I came for.... and I can't get out.... There is an iron gate close to the exit (in the narrow tunnel leading towards the exit from the big room under the drawbridge) that will not open.... I have gone back and pulled every lever.... "activated" every effing thing I can find, even in the crypt.... it will not open... is this a gitch, or am I missing something??????????? help me........

Ok.... I'm in Folgunthur.... everything is cleared.... I have what I came for.... and I can't get out.... There is an iron gate close to the exit (in the narrow tunnel leading towards the exit from the big room under the drawbridge) that will not open.... I have gone back and pulled every lever.... "activated" every effing thing I can find, even in the crypt.... it will not open... is this a gitch, or am I missing something??????????? help me........

Can't remember exactly where that is, but I found this online. Levers are pulled in different directions to get the gates open.

http://www.rarityguide.com/articles...Walkthrough-Forbidden-Legend-Quest/Page1.html

Was it Markarth? I uncovered a major conspiracy there and now every time I go there they all want me dead, even after I pay off the bounty.

Same here. I did some quest there and after the quest, all of the guards attacked me. I ended up racking up a 30k bounty and decided to just go to jail to see what happened. There was an easy quest in jail that got me out with all of my stuff.

Same here. I did some quest there and after the quest, all of the guards attacked me. I ended up racking up a 30k bounty and decided to just go to jail to see what happened. There was an easy quest in jail that got me out with all of my stuff.

A lot of my gear is stolen... lol

I did go to jail once, thought I'd sleep off my bounty but then I discovered I had one lockpick so I got out, sure enough as soon as a walk out of my cell two guards bum rush me and one puts a sword through my chest. Last time I let the pigs take me alive.

Also, I do have to say one of the best parts of the game is the cut scene/finishing kill during fights. Beheading or picking a guy up with a sword through the chest is just plain awesome.

I really enjoy the cut scene for assassin's blade while invisible and sneaking. You see your character rise up and materialize out of nothing behind the target followed by a quick throat slash. Pretty wicked.

Is it me or do dragons normally show up at all the wrong times? I'm trying to sneak into a village that's got a big bounty on me and then low and behold a dragon brings out all the guards. Guess that's karma for killing Imperial guards.

I haven't decided yet which side to join but seriously... screw those stormcloaks. Those racist pieces of crap and suck my long high elf dick.

At first I was pissed about the beginning of the game when the imperials are about to kill me but as time wears on i'm really starting to hate the stormcloaks.

I haven't decided yet which side to join but seriously... screw those stormcloaks. Those racist pieces of crap and suck my long high elf dick.

At first I was pissed about the beginning of the game when the imperials are about to kill me but as time wears on i'm really starting to hate the stormcloaks.

Oh, happy to join the empire that was going to put your head on the block? I'm not saying they're not racist, and hey you do have those pointy ears and magic is a little scary for simple minded Nords. Only having played as a dirty Stormcloak, it is fun, larger battles (storming castles) is a blast.

Well I really don't know what happened leading up to my head being on the block. Maybe I did something really bad and deserved it? I really hate the racist nords. Once I complete the game or decide to restart, I am considering going on a rampage and killing every nord that ever said anything racist. And all vampires. I never suffer vampires to live.

Once I got turned into a vampire I realized what absolute a-holes everyone in town is, sure you look a little pale but there's no need for name calling. Any idea if silver weapons have additional damage against vampires, they say they do vs. undead. I've found a few but I'm not sure if I can upgrade them, so I don't know if it's worth keeping them around.

Once I got turned into a vampire I realized what absolute a-holes everyone in town is, sure you look a little pale but there's no need for name calling. Any idea if silver weapons have additional damage against vampires, they say they do vs. undead. I've found a few but I'm not sure if I can upgrade them, so I don't know if it's worth keeping them around.

Do you have a house yet? I just keep everything i pick up in various containers around my house in case i need/want it later on. you really never know. i guess if you need money they're good to sell. I keep all my ingredients in the apothecary satchel, all my smithing supplies in a chest in the bedroom, all different armors and apparal items in a wardrobe, miscelaneous crap in a dresser, weapons in a barrel, books on bookshelves, etc.

Yeah, my storage space is much too cluttered, normally by the time I make it back to unload I'm so encumbered that I drop everything into the first cupboard. Is it worth buying additional houses? I just finished the Thieves Guild quests so I'm not sure if I'll get to store stuff there or not.

I don't think the racist remarks are just towards elves either, I'm a redguard and they bascially spit on me, that is until they found I'm dragonborn. Now it's different story, suck-ups.

Been following this thread while debating the purchase of a Xbox.

Have to say, the depth of this game sounds amazing and the plot adaptability nothing short of amazing (even if reading through is a bit creepy).

Makes me wonder. Is all of this on a single disc? Or have many of you downloaded additional content?

I couldn't decide which side to join, so I went Stormcloak just because it seemed like everyone hated the empire. I have to say that the battles are pretty sweet.

The best thing I ever did was smith all sorts of crap until I got it up to level 100. Now I just need to make some Diadric weapons/armor, stinking hearts are hard to find though. Dragon armor is also pretty sweet & a lot easier to get the ingredients for.

Been following this thread while debating the purchase of a Xbox.

Have to say, the depth of this game sounds amazing and the plot adaptability nothing short of amazing (even if reading through is a bit creepy).

Makes me wonder. Is all of this on a single disc? Or have many of you downloaded additional content?

I play on PS3, dunno about downloadable content, but it's all on one disc.

I'm a pc gamer, and I don't think I've seen any patches since the day I got it (maybe 2 months after release).

Go to your steam settings and join te skyrim beta. You'll get a new patch that makes it run considerably faster ;-)
Also google "wars in skyrim". Awesome mod for pc players.

I couldn't decide which side to join, so I went Stormcloak just because it seemed like everyone hated the empire. I have to say that the battles are pretty sweet.

The best thing I ever did was smith all sorts of crap until I got it up to level 100. Now I just need to make some Diadric weapons/armor, stinking hearts are hard to find though. Dragon armor is also pretty sweet & a lot easier to get the ingredients for.

If you complete the mages' college quest line, there will be a guy who sells you daedra hearts for about $500 at the college.

I just restarted last night. Turns out the combination of specializing in conjuration and illusion is not really that great. Pacifying enemies has the added effect of causing your atronach to completely lose interest in killing them. Doesn't really work very well. Illusion/Destruction would be a much better combo.

But I'm sick of magic now. I'm tired of wearing those nancy robes all the time.

So now I'm going with a (very nord-looking) Imperial warrior specializing in one-handed dual wielding. Got him to level 7 or 8 last night. So far it is a lot of fun.

See, what I've found is, aside from the perks, if you want to start a new build, you just have to change gear and start leveling the new skills. Assuming you don't get slaughtered, going up against higher level enemies with weaker skills will rapidly improve them.

See, what I've found is, aside from the perks, if you want to start a new build, you just have to change gear and start leveling the new skills. Assuming you don't get slaughtered, going up against higher level enemies with weaker skills will rapidly improve them.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. I think I read somewhere that if you take every perk you'll be around level 80 something, and so I guess it really depends on how long you want to take to get to your character. I'm 35 and just starting to take more Sneak perks, and maybe I'll get Two Handed weapons.

So what is the best material for weapons as far as crafting, ebony?

I'm a duel wield (anyone know if there is a penalty depending on what weapon is in offhand). I'm doing double swords and took perks for swords.

It's the perks I'm after. Eventually, to get all the possible perk points, you need to level to 100 most of the skills. I was at level 40 with the illusion tree completely maxed out and pretty far along the conjuration tree. Neither of these perk trees would work for a dual-wielding weaponsmaster which is what I decided I wanted to be. I had also put 80% of my level ups in magicka so my stamina and health was pretty pitiful. changing directions at that point would have meant not being able to get all the perks in one-handed, archery, and heavy armor that I need for this different direction. Using novice destruction at level 40 is pretty hard so going that direction would have presented its own challenges. On top of all that, I was just sick of magic.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. I think I read somewhere that if you take every perk you'll be around level 80 something, and so I guess it really depends on how long you want to take to get to your character. I'm 35 and just starting to take more Sneak perks, and maybe I'll get Two Handed weapons.

I'm a duel wield (anyone know if there is a penalty depending on what weapon is in offhand). I'm doing double swords and took perks for swords.

I don't think there is a penalty besides being unable to block. As long as you have heavy armor you should be good. I heard that daedric weapons are some of the best in the game. I'm going along a similar build as you. I am planning on perking up swords and axes in one handed to dual wield one of each, but maces and axes are another option. As long as I have an ax in one hand I'm a happy camper. Axes get that "bleed" perk that does extra damage.

I think enchanting and smithing are the most important perk sets to learn. completing both trees will greatly enrich any character build out there. With these perks, you will be able to build better armor and weapons than anything you can find in the game.

I do need to perk up my axes as well, I guess I was just unsure of how far I'd be able to leve and didn't want to spread out my perks. I went with light armor, which has worked out ok, except for some castle storming where there are more than 3 guys attacking me. I thought light armor would help with my sneaking (so I wouldn't have to swap armors out depending on the mission).
Any idea what metals Daedra weapons are made of, I have a boat load of various ingots stashed until I know what I'm doing.
Also, any idea what smiths might have the most coin, I just cranked out like 8 suits of dragon armor to sell, but most people I'm selling to can only buy 1 per day.

I do need to perk up my axes as well, I guess I was just unsure of how far I'd be able to leve and didn't want to spread out my perks. I went with light armor, which has worked out ok, except for some castle storming where there are more than 3 guys attacking me. I thought light armor would help with my sneaking (so I wouldn't have to swap armors out depending on the mission).
Any idea what metals Daedra weapons are made of, I have a boat load of various ingots stashed until I know what I'm doing.
Also, any idea what smiths might have the most coin, I just cranked out like 8 suits of dragon armor to sell, but most people I'm selling to can only buy 1 per day.

if you also perk up speech they can afford more. I haven't done much merchant exploring as of yet. i spent most of my time getting to level 40 in the mage's college. frozen hellhole.

Daedric is best for heavy weapons and armor. That's ebony with daedra hearts (there's also a mage college quest that will let you forge them without daedra hearts).

Dragonscale (not dragonplate) is best for light armor; Glass is best for light weapons.

There is no official "light/heavy" classification for weapons, but weapons made from heavy armor material swing slower than weapons made from light armor material.

Started playing the game just after New Years, and man has it taken over my life. I'm a high elf, specializing in destruction and restoration magic. Although I realized a little while ago that my magic left me pretty exposed when my magika ran out, so I started using one handed weapons. My most common combat thing now is a one handed weapon with a healing spell, and whatever armor spell i've got (currently ironflesh). I've got the Robes of the Archmage, from completing the College of Winterhold quest line, which are too good for me to want to take off, so the spells help with that.

Also, Mace of Molag-Bol: sweetest weapon ever!

-BUMP

Everyone pretty much over it by now?

I just got it about 3 weeks ago. I bought my PS3 last year and it has pretty much sat in the bedroom and become a blu-ray player since then, until I got Skyrim and in just a matter of 2-3 weeks I've turned into the nerdiest nerd. Never been a nerd about games or movies in my life before. Not even ashamed either, this game is worth it.

Should I just go ahead and tell the SWMBO that unless she wants a trial seperation I'm not accessible for the next month or so more?

I still play for a little bit every week and I'm still having a lot of fun. Still tons of places I haven't found, mostly because I don't have 8 hrs to put into it every day.

Favorite questline so far I think was Boethia's Calling. I thought that was pretty cool.

Back