you can make soda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
Why is the first I am hearing of this... lol... saw a thread about some soda stream thing. but that wa sa while ago and for the life of me I have never even thought about it. So can you have a kegerator with 3 beers and one soda? Is there a good sticky on this? I assume its better for ya than high fructose and all that... Thanx

Ehh...it's just as bad. It's a lot of sugar. I make my own old fashioned root beer using the roots and a bunch of other crap.

You'll need a seperate regulator for your soda, though, since it needs to be carbonated at around 25-30psi. Also, they need a liquid line that's about 25' long. If you do rootbeer, or any really potent sodas, you'll need a dedicated set of lines for them since any plastic they touch will always smell like whatever you run through it. Also, the O-rings on your kegs need to be replaced before you fill it with beer again.

I have a ginger ale recipe posted that I really like. You can definitely cut the sugar if you want, and use other sweetners if you're into that. I would think you could make a really nice diet soda with splenda (or whatever) and keg it.

I used to keg root beer quite a bit when my kids were still at home, but as was mentioned make sure you have a dedicated keg/lines! Ginger ale, cream soda, etc, don't seem to really need their own dedicated keg but it's probably not a bad idea.

I think it's David_42 who said they keep water in a keg at 30 psi, and add syrup to the class, for several different kinds of soda as well as an unlimited supply of seltzer water.

I have a ginger ale recipe posted that I really like. You can definitely cut the sugar if you want, and use other sweetners if you're into that. I would think you could make a really nice diet soda with splenda (or whatever) and keg it.

I used to keg root beer quite a bit when my kids were still at home, but as was mentioned make sure you have a dedicated keg/lines! Ginger ale, cream soda, etc, don't seem to really need their own dedicated keg but it's probably not a bad idea.

I think it's David_42 who said they keep water in a keg at 30 psi, and add syrup to the class, for several different kinds of soda as well as an unlimited supply of seltzer water.

I also do they syrup thing. I actually am also adding a carbonator to my setup so I will have unlimited seltzer. I'll post when I get it done, but basically water line into filter, into pressure reducer, into carbonator, into gas in on 5 gallon keg in fridge.... and streaming seltzer on tap. The 5 gallons of cold seltzer should be enough to offset the heat from the new seltzer.

So can you have a kegerator with 3 beers and one soda?

Beer_taps2.jpg

The soda has a light lemon flavor and can be used as a beer mix to make what we Germans call a Radler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radler

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back