Ft. Myers, Looking for good beer store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-dog

Reaction score
I'm on my way to Ft. Myers/Sanibel island. Are there any good beer stores in that area. Since my home state (VT) doesn't sell beer over 8%, I always look for a store that sells Barley Wine and other high octane brews while away.

Cheers,
Todd

I've been to Sanibel many times, but I have never really noticed any good beer stores there. To tell the truth, I've never really looked while I was there. There are two supermarkets, Jerry's on Periwinkle and Bailey's on Tarpon Bay Road that have liquor departments. Huxter's on Periwinkle also sells beer, but I don't know if they have anything other than BMC there.

The best beer I have had in a restaurant there was a Key West (well, acutally it was two, but who's counting?) at Doc Ford's.

There used to be a brewpub on Sanibel, but unfortunately they closed a few years ago. Hope you enjoy your trip!

I had a long layover while flying down here and did a little research. I found a place called Total Wine which has a HUGE selection of wine, as well as a great selection of beers/spirits. Its located in Ft. Myers, but was on the way from the airport to the island.

I ended up getting some barleywines and others. Last night I had Harviestoun Old Engine Oil. An excellent brew.

Hangar 41 Winery and Brew Shop
& Time To Make Wine
10970 South Cleveland Ave #304
Fort Myers, FL 33907

239-542-8466

Pretty good selection. Onsite Milling. Fresh Yeast and Hops. GREAT customer service!

Support Local Business!

Back