I So Wanna Drink!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igorstien

Reaction score
Well after some work last saturday I got my beer bottled!! WOOHOO!!

It's been in the bottles for one week now, and I just wanna crack one open and suck it back!!! I know that I should wait and let it age, but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I should at least open one and see if it's carbonating...right?? ...Right???..........RIGHT??..............

Try one and see how they're coming along. The world won't end. :)

Eskram - Who cracked into his first batch 4 days after bottling.

Yes, you have already proven your resolve. It's not gonna be very bubbly at all by now, but go ahead and chill one and try it. :cool: Let us know how it be. :)

Do it!! That way you'll be able to get a benchmark on taste, then with each new bottle cracked open, it'll just get better and better.....man, I wish I had some beer ready! :(

You guys we're right, I just wanted to try it!! A buddy of mine is here and we just cracked open two bottles......The "popped" upon opening, but as tested mentioned.........."There's no head on this beer".......Taste is excellent.......I'm pretty happy with it......WOOHOO!!!

Time to start a second batch!!!

Thanks for all the help......I'm sure I will have more questions and comments as things progress.

If your beer is good now, it will be REALLY nice in 3 weeks, and when it does get that good, you'll hate that you drank any before. That said, it's obviously impossible not to sample it a few times before then. Heck, it would be downright irresponsible!

Congratulations on your first, and good luck on your next (which obviously isn't going to be long from now!).

I'm currently trying not to drink all my oktoberfest before october... :drunk:

Will the carbonation become greater during that aging process, or am I pretty much at the highest level of carbonation I should except?

Like it said earlier, the taste was great (strong aftertaste), but not much fizz!

Thanks,

The longer in the bottle the more it will carbonate, at least until what ever you used to prime it gets eaten up by the yeast. I had a lager that was flat as hell after 2 weeks, after 4 weeks it had a real nice head.

Back