blue moon extract kit ferment temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most important question is, what yeast are you using? In general, it's probably useful for you to tell us whose kit, and possibly give us an idea of the ingredients as well.

Yeast is a belgain wit ale yeast. white labs WLP400. Kit is an austin homebrew blue moon belgain white Extract. Belgain pilsner malt, wheat extract, cascade hops....

I just brewed that exact recipe from AHS. Get a blowoff tube! It went NUTS. I had it at 74 degrees for a few days until the blowoff stopped, then moved it to my ferm cooler at 67. I plan on keeping it there for 3 weeks.

Mynameispaul, Are you going to secondary this kit or just leave it in the primary? Cody

Nah, I'm over secondaries. I wanted to have all my available fermenters full of different brews, so I just let the yeasties do their thing for a few weeks, let the yeast cake settle out and get real compacted, and rack to a bottling bucket when they're ready.

I used Safale-05 for the AHS blue moon kit and (a) mashed at 148F and (b) fermented cool at 58F for three weeks.

Turned out fantastic.

Back