South Jersey/Philly grain buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be in for 2 sacks of pils and would split some wheat, amber and carapils

I would be in for a couple of pounds of hops too

I am definitely in for 2 or 3 sacks of base grain and would love to split several specialty malts with others. I think I am good on hops for a while.

What are the prices of these grain sacks? I wouldn't mind grabbing a sack of basemalt if the prices are good.

So, this is what I could glean from the document. Could someone verify these? I wouldn't want the organizer of these events to have any misinformation floating around. I picked out a some staples in case others were interested also...

From the 2010 PDF document posted from round 3:
2.62 shipping/bag
55# bag (assumes total of an individual order < 1000#'s)
BZ-PILS Pilsen 29.15
CM-2ROW Canadian 2-Row 24.75
CM-6ROW Canadian 6-Row 24.75
BD-MOPA Maris Otter 36.85
TF-MOPA Maris Otter 39.05
TF-GPRM Golden Promise 39.05
GW-VIEN Vienna Malt 33.00
BR-PL-D50 Briess Light Dry Extract 98.00

I'll throw in for a sack each of two row, maris, and if twoodward15 and vanwolfhausen still looking for a 3rd person on that sack of Munich, I'd be willing to get on that, too.

I think someone had better loop in lordura if we want this pallet to materialize.

I already PM'ed so just waiting on answer.

To shadowmage36, I need exactly 27.5lbs!:) Just kidding I can settle for 20lbs. Ahh I remember the days when a sack of 2row would last me 6 months.

It's all good. I might actually just go for a full sack of Munich, now that I think about it. I have a recipe for an all-Munich lager that I'm trying to clone from a microbrewery out near Hershey. Stuff was amazing when I tried it and I'd like to get it right. So having a full sack to experiment with might be good...We'll see where I get with the first test batch in a couple of weeks. That'll determine if I want a full bag or not. But I at least want a bag of american 2 row and a bag of Maris.

I think someone had better loop in lordura if we want this pallet to materialize.

Thanks for thinking of me but I'll be out this round. Good luck on the group buy and depending on how long it runs, I may jump on for a few sacks.

One of the guys in our club is contemplating organizing this round. Will let you know soon.

Cheers,
Glenn

One of the guys in our club is contemplating organizing this round. Will let you know soon.

Cheers,
Glenn

Glenn,

If your buddy backs out, let me know. I'll organize again if needed. I was thinking about it and I wouldn't want you guys to get hit with any losses. Let me know and I'll get things rolling tonight.

Jeff

Jeff, are you coming to homebrew day down here in Turnersville tomorrow?

Todd,
I was extremely sick for a few weeks and missed a lot of work and had to give up my weekend to make up for time lost. I have to work most of the day but I'm going to try to to get out a little early tomorrow to make it down there. I doubt I'll have enough time to brew if I make it there but I still want to swing by to drop off some cash for you. What time are you guys going to be there until?

Jeff

Todd,

When and where is homebrew day? I would like to try to stop by if work permits me leaving before 3 or 4. If that's a possibility should I bring anything?

Glenn,

If your buddy backs out, let me know. I'll organize again if needed. I was thinking about it and I wouldn't want you guys to get hit with any losses. Let me know and I'll get things rolling tonight.

Jeff

Jeff,

We are going to discuss tomorrow and have an answer 1 way or another. I'll post and let you know.

Thanks very much,
Glenn

Jeff,

The guy from our club decided to pass on organizing this one. So if you could do it I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. Can I do anything to help?

Thanks,
Glenn

Back