RIP Glass Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernYankee

Reaction score
Well after 10 years of not brewing and then just these last few weeks Ive gotten the fever again to brew.
I was cleaning some equipment with the outside water hose and had one of my 5gal glass carboys sitting there.
Of course just my luck that I moved the hose. Which in turn hit the side of the carboy,causing it to knock over and the outcome wasnt pretty.

RIP
Born: 2000
Laid to rest: 2010

I guess now I can try out the Better Bottle ones!

Well after 10 years of not brewing and then just these last few weeks Ive gotten the fever again to brew.
I was cleaning some equipment with the outside water hose and had one of my 5gal glass carboys sitting there.
Of course just my luck that I moved the hose. Which in turn hit the side of the carboy,causing it to knock over and the outcome wasnt pretty.

RIP
Born: 2000
Laid to rest: 2010

I guess now I can try out the Better Bottle ones!

Or just buy the cheap buckets and drop the worry/act of racking to secondary.. Either or

True, But Im the type of person whom enjoys looking at the wort and yeast do there thing.

+1

I lost a glass carboy a couple weeks ago... Accidentally banged two empty ones together... :-( I immediately went online and bought a plastic one.

Haven't any of you guys ever heard of empty Milk Crates?

Yep, but as I stated. Its been over 10 years and I got rid of most of my equipment. I'm in the process off gathering more brew supplies.
The milk crate was one of the items I got rid of a long time ago.
Oh well

Milk crates are the best. i can fit 25 beer bottles perfectly in a milk crate and they save the lives of our precious carboys. My neighbor gives them to me. I have 16 of them. 10 are currently filled with beer. Soon to be 14.

Using a plastic bucket now for a primary because all my glass carboys are full. I have missed the excitement. I know the airlock was bubling like crazy the first two days, now I have to imagine what it looks like and whats happening inside. I thought 5 carboys were too many, turns out not enough but can't bring myself to buy any more. Should not be a problem once my cellar gets stocked.

Back