Indianapolis Great Grain Sale Reminder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Hey Indy brewers...

Reminder, August 24th - Sept 15th is the annual great grain sale at Great Fermentations. Just got the email, so I am prepping for some buying.

Rock bottom prices on bagged base grains and MOST specialty grains in 5 pound bags. Time to start looking ahead to the next 12 months!

I won a $50 gift certificate to Great Fermentations that I haven't gotten around to spending yet. This sounds like the perfect time to stock up!

Hey Brian, maybe we can set up a day and get into GF to buy some grain. I can take a full sack of pale, but need to split the MO as I dont need a sack.

This is the only time I can afford GF pricing! I am thinking 50 pounds of pale, 27 pounds of MO and then about 50 pounds of specialty malts.

Do you recall roughly what the sacks for going for last year?

You know, I have no idea. I heard they had great deals, that is all. As it stands NOW without the discount, MO is $68 and 2-Row Pale is $40 for a 55lb and 50lb sack respectively.

As for the specialty malts, no clue, I wish someone would chime in who did.

On the 24th, they will have the Great Grain Sale pricing on thier website, I do know this!

Last year I think I bought a sack of pale at GF for $34 bucks when they had a sale. I did buy specialty malts but can;t remember the pricing. I think it came out to be a free 1 lb of grain when you bought 5 lbs of any particular grain. I know I spent 100 bucks there that day...

Rob - PM me and lets set a day to get over there and buy our grain. I have a pretty flexible schedule if you wanted to do it during a weekday. I could leave work for an hour.

Last year I think I bought a sack of pale at GF for $34 bucks when they had a sale. I did buy specialty malts but can;t remember the pricing. I think it came out to be a free 1 lb of grain when you bought 5 lbs of any particular grain. I know I spent 100 bucks there that day...

Rob - PM me and lets set a day to get over there and buy our grain. I have a pretty flexible schedule if you wanted to do it during a weekday. I could leave work for an hour.

Right on Brian... I have a stretch of 3 days off around the 28th. I will look and PM you the exact dates I have avail.

FWIW, in TWO days they will be posting the pricing for the great grain sale.

IF Brian is right and it is basically 20% off on the specialty grains, I have been doing some calculating. That is not a great deal, as the pricing at GF on those grains is SO high (over $2/lb in many cases) to begin with.

I may end up buying my supply of specialty grains from Brewmasters Warehouse instead. Now this opens up the "possibility" of a group specialty malt buy at BMW. Good pricing, flat rate shipping.

If anyone is interested, let me know... I am putting together a list of specialty malts that I MUST have so that I can compare the pricing when GF comes out with thier "sale" pricing in (2) days.

Back