honey wheat??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakypete

Reaction score
I want to make a honey wheat, and I am pretty bad at making recipes, but how is this for a start? Or is it even a start?

4 lb American Wheat
2 lb Alexander's pale malt extract
2 lb Vienna malt
1 lb honey
1 lb rice hulls
.5 crystal 100L

1 oz. cascade hops 60 min.
.5 oz. amarilo hops 40 min.

.5 oz. irish moss 30 min.

Try and keep the wheat up to 50% of grist. Why the Vienna? Stick with some palt malt or extract. Don't want your wheat to me too malty. Also, try to get .25 to .5# of Honey Malt in there. :ban: Why the C-100? I would suggest something lighter. Maybe even replace it with carapils. Drop the Amarillo addition to less than 20 minutes. Maybe even bump it up a little. You might not need the hulls and even a 1/2# would work. Lose the irish moss. Wheats are on the cloudy side to begin with. Consider adding the honey to primary or secondary. The flavor will get lost in the boil...

I've used no less than 2# honey in both of my wheat beers and they are great, 22oz will make your toes tingle. I am still just an amature though. I thing 1# is a little light

Back