Stainless steel growler from Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a double walled "water bottle" that's probably the same thing as far as design goes, and Im consistently blown away by how well it holds temp.

Last scenario that floored me. Filled mine with 24oz of water (all it will hold) and maybe a quarter cup of ice. Nurses off it all day, and then it sat in the sun, mid day Virginia July heat 90ish in a car from 1245-300pm... Chugged the last 1/2 cup in the bottle.... Still cold... Not ice cold clearly, but cold.... 55ish maybe...

Double walled stainless bottles are something else. The NB growler at 55, although pricey, is worth it for temps alone.

I have a double walled "water bottle" that's probably the same thing as far as design goes, and Im consistently blown away by how well it holds temp.

Last scenario that floored me. Filled mine with 24oz of water (all it will hold) and maybe a quarter cup of ice. Nurses off it all day, and then it sat in the sun, mid day Virginia July heat 90ish in a car from 1245-300pm... Chugged the last 1/2 cup in the bottle.... Still cold... Not ice cold clearly, but cold.... 55ish maybe...

Double walled stainless bottles are something else. The NB growler at 55, although pricey, is worth it for temps alone.
The temperature doesn't matter if it cannot hold carbonation

^^ I often use near boiling water to clean mine. I put a cup or so in, seal it up and shake it around some. After breaking the seal, you can hear the hiss of the steam as it escapes. I'd bet it does hold carbonation, and I'd also bet that if you didn't think it did, NB would take care of it.

Anyone else have any experience with it? I plan on placing the order today. I will report my results when I do end up getting it

Anyone have this and fill it with BMBF? I'm thinking a #12 stopper would fit...the stopper says "Inside diameter: 54 mm Outside diameter: 63 mm" and hydroflask lists the wide mouth opening as 2.19" or 56mm.

For anyone that's searching, my 11.5 stopper fits well. A #11 stopper would probably be perfect.

I can attest to the Kleen Kanteen. It's not insulated but most stainless growlers aren't (or glass ones for that matter), but it has a great lid- that silicone o-ring really holds carbonation great- I'd say better than the polyseal caps on a glass growler.

I've got a hydroflask and its awesome. It does hold pressure, but you need to make sure its screwed tight. Accidently left mine to loose one time. They'll hold temps great. I filled my 64 oz with ice then water and two days later it still had ice. I've even taken mine with beer to sea world.

Back