Kegerator or Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynd96

Reaction score
I have been mulling this over for several weeks and can't make up my damn mind. I was going Keezer, GE 7.0, starting off with two kegs and eventually moving up to three or four. The problem with the keezer is it has to go in my unfinished basment so my beer is farther away (can be good or bad).

While looking at some of the great builds you guys have done my SWMBO offered up space in the kitchen or dining room if I go with a Frigidaire 4.4 w/ tower so the beer is much closer (again good and bad).

I'm afraid if I go keezer, I'll be annoyed by having to go downstairs. If I go kegerator I'll be annoyed by only having space for two kegs.

Both will cost about the same initially, was hoping you guys with small and close setups can tell me what you think and what you guys that have to go into the dungeon think also.

Thanks for you help..................

I know this is a horrible descision to have to make but that's why they pay me the big bucks.

Is space the issue? The Keezer won't really take up that much more space. If it is cosmetics, you could always dress up the Keezer with a nice wooden shell like Jesters. That's the route I'm going, but I got mine used and it's a touch ugly.

Well, I have a 2 keg kegerator with a two tap tower, and if I could do it all over again, I would build a keezer for the simple reason that I have four kegs filled right now with different styles, but only two on tap because I only have room for two. Having to walk downstairs kinda sucks, but it would be well worth it.

I had this same dilemma. Minus the having to walk farther for either one. I went Keezer because a 7.0 cu ft. freezer is not really that bad to put in a corner and since I brew pretty regularly, I can LAGER! :) Lagering a carboy and having 2 corny's in it was a HUGGGEEEEE deciding factor for me.

I have a keezer in the basement. Being able to cold condition multiple kegs, cold crash fermenters and have multiple kegs on tap outweighs having to walk downstairs to grab a beer. Go for the keezer, if the walk starts to bother you, get a larger glass.

Or get the kegerator now, and look for a free / cheep freezer on c'list for the basement.

Back