Billings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crayfish

Reaction score
Headed to Billings for work for a couple of nights. Anywhere recommended for tasting some good beers?

billings montana? If so, Montana BRewing on N. Broadway is good. Yellowstone on 1st Ave. N is decent too.

I don't know where to find it in Billings. But, hook yourself up with some Moose Drool! Brewed in Missoula, it is great stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions. @ Vespa2T what do you ride? I have a 1980 50 Smallframe.

I'm going off of memory from last summer:

Angry Hanks - had a smooth, drinkable IPA. The place was a converted gas station if I remember.

Walking distance from there is Carter's. had a much more hoppy IPA there. A bit woody and full of pine. Very good. The beer menu was quite extensive if I remember.

Walking distance from there is Montana Brewing Company. A nice place with a very limited beer menu if I remember correctly. I screwed up and ordered a black and tan:drunk:. I hate when I do that. I ~ think ~ they may carry some guest beers too.

About half an hour out of town is Red Lodge Brewing in the town of.....Red Lodge. I can recommend the Glacier Ale. It's an amber, but I think I remember it being sort of British ale style? It was good, I do remember that.

Stay away from the Bud Light Lime in my dad's fridge. Stuff'l killya.

Montana Brewing Co. is walking distance from the hotel, which means Carter's and Angry Hanks are as well! Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions. @ Vespa2T what do you ride? I have a 1980 50 Smallframe.

Awesome.

I have a 79 P200 daily rider, and a 76 Smallie with a tweeked out 125 motor. Im getting 25hp at the wheel with that monster :D I used to have a couple others, but wasnt riding them...

@ Vespa2t My smallframe is kitted with a 75 Polini and the matching pipe so it can move some but still not fast enough. Thinking P series some time in the future.

@ Vespa2t My smallframe is kitted with a 75 Polini and the matching pipe so it can move some but still not fast enough. Thinking P series some time in the future.

I buddy of mine has the Polini 75 & the Snail pipe, but he also has a 24mm carb and Poini intake. It is pretty fast :D Having a P200 is nice so that you can have a 60mph daily ride. Then you can take that 50 special and make it a 125, which is easy since you already have the 4 speed transmission, all you need is a 125 crank, jug, piston, and primary gear set. ASC has all the stuff you would need used.

Sorry to everyone else for getting off topic :mug:

Montana was good. Carter's was GREAT! The bartnder Rumeysa was really gracious-lots of free samples and she knew her stuff. Talked to the brewer "Mike" I think for a bit. Great brews and great crowd. Go there if in Billings. Heading back tomorrow (if I can get there before 8-they have a stange brew pub law that stops them from serving past 8).:mug:

Latest posts

Back