Little Rocktoberfest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBruchwalski

Reaction score
I have noticed that Arkansas has not been very active when it comes to this site so I am hoping to generate some conversation about this years Little Rocktoberfest. First, a few details about this upcoming event!

Date: September 27, 2014
Venue: War Memorial Stadium

***More Information Posted Tomorrow***

Anyways, who all is participating/going?

What are you brewing for this event?

Who has been before?

What are some things you are hoping to see this year?

By the way, are you a part of Central Arkansas Fermenters?

Those are some topics for now but you can derail all you want obviously, just hoping to start up some conversation and get to meet some brewers in the area!

MOST IMPORTANTLY...HAPPY BREWING!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406281053.626288.jpg

Ok thanks I really really want to enter, I understand it's not a BJCP event but I think it would be a ton of fun!

Last year we had a lot of fun, I can't believe there were so many great beers in one place. Looking forward to trying some more of the local stuff, especially the many interpretations of Oktoberfests.

If I compete I may enter a fruit beer, Vanila Porter or a session IPA.

I will have an answer for you tonight as I should be in contact with the president of CAF.

Also, if you go to Fermentables they have information on Little Rocktoberfest as well.

"Any home brewer can bring beer to Rocktoberfest as long as they register. 5 gallons of home brew gets you in the gate."
-Graham (President of CAF)

I am not sure where the registration is being taken. I assume it is at littlerocktoberfest.com though I am not certain.

If you have 25$ I do urge you to join CAF and you will have a lot of perks that are towards Littlerocktoberfest.

Not going (on call that night) but brewing a pumpkin ale of my own design. I think Chris Haugen (Amber, the secretary of the club's husband) will be taking it up there for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Call Mike at Fermentables. Members of CAF register differently. He should know or at least be able to point them in the right direction. (501) 758-6261

Mike at fermentables didn't know and said he would call me back, that was last week. No answer from the website or facebook page either.

I'll be there. Can't wait! I went 2 years ago and had a lot of fun. I've thought a lot about joining CAF, I don't know if I'd get to take part in it as much as I would want to. Between the pregnant wife, my son, and working 2 jobs, I don't have much free time. Glad to finally see some Arkansas chatter on here. There doesn't seem to be many of us.

There is a lot more than I think we know about. It's just a matter of getting the locals to all get on here and get some chatter really going.

So what are some of your more favorite parts of this years Little Rocktoberfest?

The best part to me was getting to try all the new local breweries. There was some great home-brew too. What did you think of the festival?

Back