Beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Typically beverage tubing will have a much bigger wall thickness than vinyl tubing at the hardware store. The wall thickness helps prevent kinking of the lines, which helps reduce foaming. The beverage lines also don't stain or retain flavors the way a vinyl tube can and will not impart any plastic flavors into the beverage you're serving through the tubing. Everyone I know who has used hardware store tubing and then gone to bev tubing has never looked back.

Yes. Typically beverage tubing will have a much bigger wall thickness than vinyl tubing at the hardware store. The wall thickness helps prevent kinking of the lines, which helps reduce foaming. The beverage lines also don't stain or retain flavors the way a vinyl tube can and will not impart any plastic flavors into the beverage you're serving through the tubing. Everyone I know who has used hardware store tubing and then gone to bev tubing has never looked back.

Thanks much. I'll order today.

Latest posts

Back