The Cape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my wife a new camera a while back and finally snapped some new pics. The quality of the new pics are about 10 lightyears ahead of the old ones so I figured, "eff it, I'll toss em out there."

I did all of the construction myself. It was a bare basement when I started. I did the electrical, plumbing (there's a bathroom I don't have pics of), framing, drywall, floor, ceiling, the bah... everything.

Behind the bah is a small fridge, a convection oven, dishwasher and microwave. I have a walk-in coolah in a back stoarage area and run six insulated lines behind a wall, in through the side of the bah, up through the bah and into the tap box.

See if this works. Ok... here we go... this is the front of the pub. It is a doorway at the bottom of the stairs in my basement. That door weighs about 250 lbs and it solid maple. I built it from scratch and had a blacksmith down in Tenn. bang out the hinges for me.

New Cape Pic - Front Door.JPG

WOW!!!!! I hope my pub turns out to be half this awesome!

Good job!!

How many square feet is your Pub??

This gives "going down to the Cape for the weekend, be back on Monday" a whole other meaning.

Thats hilarious.. I swear to you that is EXACTLY where the name came from. My old roommates an I had a little bar in and old apartment. We didnt have three nickles between us but we worked with a bynh of rich people so when they asked what we were doing for the weekend, it was "probably just heading to the Cape to relax"

I just mapquested how long it will take me to get to your house from the Longwood Medical Area...see you in about 45mins...ps. ....i like my buffalo wings spicy and my beer cold...:D

That's amazing! Can I come and live in your basement?

Bob and I loved looking at the pictures. Beautiful pub- I'm sorry I can't see it in person. It's inviting, and I'm so jealous!

That's awesome, Cape.

I wish I had that kind of talents. Well done.

Note: I'm actually surprised the room isn't littered from floor to ceiling with Patriots crap.

Thanks for the kind words.. It was a ton of work and its a lot of fun down there.

I'm actually surprised the room isn't littered from floor to ceiling with Patriots crap.

Nah... I have Patriots blanket down there and that's it. Not that there is anything wrong with being THAT guy... but... I'm not THAT guy.

I keep my Patriots insanity mildly in check. No need to plaster the walls with it.

I DO have a 8x10 autographed picture of Adam Vinatieri down there. That's kinda cool. It says, "to the guys at the Cape, damn right I caught Hershall Walker!". I doubt any of you, other than a die hard Pats fan, remember that play.

i want to buy a house now... and win the lotto.... just sayin...

Wow! Saying you did a great job would be the understatement of the year. I am so absolutely green with envy. I hope you get much enjoyment out of it.

I like the entryway.

Thanks. I tried to make it look like the front of a pub. I am currently lookig for someone that can come down and paint a mural on the wall to the left ( if you are facing the "front of the pub") to look like a street that extends out in front of you. I then want to have the opposite wall to that door like another store front.... Like a hardware store or something.

THEN i want to put cobblestone on the floor.

Thanks. I tried to make it look like the front of a pub. I am currently lookig for someone that can come down and paint a mural on the wall to the left ( if you are facing the "front of the pub") to look like a street that extends out in front of you.

I'll do it. As you can see i'm more than qualified. Prepare to have your mind blown.

DSCN2895.jpg

Thanks. I tried to make it look like the front of a pub. I am currently looking for someone that can come down and paint a mural on the wall to the left ( if you are facing the "front of the pub") to look like a street that extends out in front of you. I

THEN i want to put cobblestone on the floor.

I know a couple people that paint some amazing murals! You should check out my buddy Eric's artwork.......Then again if you make your bah any cooler it WILL be harder to get rid of me!:tank:

I can do some amazing things with fingerpaint. Are you going to put the mural out for bids?

Wuiddaya think aboot a Blade Runner inspired street scene...?

Back