Chicago brewery reccs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzCraft

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm heading to Chicago for a meeting in November and seeking opinions on what brewery I should hit for a tour...Goose Island? Bells? Others? I'll only have time to hit one.

Thanks.

Goose Island is a great brewery to visit, I love a lot of their beers. Bells might be a problem since it's in Michigan.

Why do people keep thinking Bells in in Chicago? Thats the second time I've heard that this week. For the record Bells in in Kalamazoo MI about 100 miles away. If you only have time to hit up one and if you don't have transportation to travel a little bit I'd hit up Goose Island but I think they only do Sunday tours. If you can travel about 45ish minutes I'd go to Three Floyds in Munster IN. Their tours are on Saturdays I know.

i don't drink bell's often, but now that you mention it, i do remember kalamazoo from the bell's bottles....

i just googled breweries in chicago and bell's comes up....hence the confusion.

thanks for the tips....keep em coming.

There was a flap about Bell's not being able to ship to Chicago a while back, and that may be why it came up in a search? I remember when they got the ok again, and it was a big deal for some over there to get their Oberon again.

I just realized that I've been to Bells at least twice now, to buy HB stuff, and never went on a tour. Wha?

Back