Northern NJ homebrewer Starting club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewslut

Reaction score
Hey Yalls,

I am starting a homebrewing guild in nortwest NJ (NJHOPZ)
(hackettstown,Belvidere,BangorPA area)
Anyone close by and interested in getting this thing up and running please email me.

[email protected]

NJHOPZ-North Jersey Homebrewers Orginization of Practicing Zymurgists

hey....I am very new to the homebrew action. I am about 35 minutes from Hackettstown. I would be interested.

I just started a new job in Budd Lake not far from Hackettstown and I'll be moving out to the area come spring. I'll shoot you an email today or tomorrow. (Rushing out the door right now..)

Scott

nice looking foward to meeting you guys/gals...am in the process of nailing down a pub/tavern to hold meetings in hope to have that settled within a week or two.will look for the emails now....

good to hear from you scott.look foward to meeting you and starting this monster up......hehe

talk at you soon

Jay

Bump.
Still looking for members. BrewSlut and I have been talking about a get together..:mug:

I'm kind of in the middle. Probably 30-35 minutes from Hacekttstown, 40-50 minutes from Woodbridge. Guess it depends on where y'all decide to meet.

-Joe

It would also be a choice between a 50 member club established for 13 years and a brand new one. Hey, the more the merrier, I hope you guys get it off the ground.

As I was suggesting, soliciting people to help start the club is going to be a hard sell. It's like in the days where I'd want to start a new band. Throwing out a feeler never worked but as soon as I advertised "a band looking for x", I got all kinds of responses.

It would also be a choice between a 50 member club established for 13 years and a brand new one. Hey, the more the merrier, I hope you guys get it off the ground.

As I was suggesting, soliciting people to help start the club is going to be a hard sell. It's like in the days where I'd want to start a new band. Throwing out a feeler never worked but as soon as I advertised "a band looking for x", I got all kinds of responses.

Bobby_M thanks for support! Yes it can be a hard sell but I think it may be worth the trouble.

BTW when/where does your club meet? (Not looking to steal memebers, but would prefer not to compete times/days)

Bobby,

Well maybe I worded the post wrong but,Im still new to brewing,so I thought it would be good to start small with a few good peeps, and Im not going to waste money on business cards and printing tshirts for members we havent met yet.your club stats are impressive no doubt, but I would like to meet with some guys/girls closer to home......I would like to join other clubs as well to learn as much as I can and have as much fun as possible,But I cant drive 1.5 hrs each way to do it.Again,Thanks for the support,and feel free to jack any of my future posts to try and solicit members for your club.

Brewslut:rockin:

I really wasn't trying to promote my club at all. We're pretty close to turning new members away out of necessity because our meeting location is running out of room.

My advice was sincere though. Even if you have 3 people interested, run it like a proper club. A website can be really cheap and a great way to promote it. Register it with the AHA so that you get the link there and people outside of HBT can find it. Meet at the same place at the same day and time each month, etc.

BobbyM is a great contact to have! His club is impressive. Hopefully we will be able to bounce ideas off him if he is willing to help. Thanks Bobby!

I live in Hackettstown and have been contemplating doing something like this. I also think that when and if this takes off we can have a war of the worts competition with WHALES (sanctioned by AHA and judged by BJCP -can you say pipe dream). Has this been registered with AHA?

Back