buntons dry spraymalt extract question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler37075

Reaction score
Bear with me guys....I'm a neebie to this. I have a 1lb muntons dry spraymalt that I want to add to a no boil liquid extract. My question is how long do I boil the dry extract and how much water do I need to boil it in?

first of all, welcome to the forum!!!!! now, on to business. www.howtobrew.com that'll help with alot of your questions. normal boil time is 60 min. you need some hops with that chief! read the website. sounds like it'll change your brewing.

Does your no boil kit call for sugar? If it does, you can consider the DME (dry malt extract) a replacement for the sugar. I'd just boil up a little water (subtract it from the amount in the kit), like a quart, and then dissolve the DME in it. Since it's already been boiled when it was made, you can just boil it a little to make sure it's dissolved, then cool it and use it in your no-boil kit.

I think those malt extract doesn't need much of a boil since the hot break have already been removed by the manufacturer. The reason for boiling is to sterilized the wort and to add hops.

Thanks for the quick replies. My kit has a booster that is all sugar. As you can imagine it gives the beer a cidery taste. I was just wanting to substitute the dme for the sugar and hopefully end up with about the same alcohol content and a better tasting beer. I'll check out the above mentioned link!!! Thanks again and happy brewing!!!:cross:

Latest posts

Back