Sparge Arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silver soldered with stay brite. Even the stainless plate to the brass fitting. Still need to add a 90 and male stainless cam lock to the top. Has a nice fit to the brass mount so it can be adjusted up and down. It will also rotate to the side to stir the mash. Should work slick with my rims set-up.

View attachment 1447474196122.jpg

Cool idea, im getting ready to build something similar might try something like this!

The same system could be built so the horizontal piece doesn't have to be deep in your mash but where the plate is suspended from above.

Only thing that I see with the OP's design over this suggestion is that it fills the sparge arm from bottom-up. This makes for even distribution over the spreader plate. Filling from the top, could be prone to uneven broadcast over the plate. (probably a moot point with high enough flow rate though).

The same system could be built so the horizontal piece doesn't have to be deep in your mash but where the plate is suspended from above.

I was thinking the same, but using the top I cut out of the keggle... I think I've got it figured out...

Back