Spitfire ale clone help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholsy

Reaction score
Im am planning to do a spitfire kentish ale clone from the book "clone brews" and would like some help sourcing ingrediants from uk stores. this is the whole process: http://tinypic.com/r/w8bad0/6

It says to use muntons dme but cant find it online could i replace it with liquid extract and culd anyone point me in the right direction (online shop).

It also says use corn sugar (dextrose) i assume i can just use table sugar?

I also cant find torrified wheat if anyone could tell me where to get that i would be very grateful.

Thank you for any help

Muntons is a brand not really a style per se. I'm not too familar with Spitfire Kentish but you can substitute a different maker's DME, just look for the color you want. As for supplies there are several popular and big online stores that a lot of people use. These sites are Northern, Midwest and Brewmasterswarehouse. There are others of course. I'm not a fan of using dextrose (yes, table sugar) in a brew. I increase my malt additions to get the gravity higher.

Back