Lost me to beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g_rath

Reaction score
My SWMBO just came up with a term that I think I need to be share. She just referred to herself as a “beer widow.” As in she has lost me to the hobby/obsession of home brewing.

Say what you will, but I'd take my wife over beer any day. I'm not sure if she meant that SERIOUSLY, but if so, perhaps you should take her out for a nice dinner instead of brewing this weekend. :)

:mug:

Damn, DB, that's what I was gonna say.

Hell, she doesn't even need to do anything when helping. Just tell her to go put on her sexiest little nighty and prance around the place while you brew. At least, that's what I try to do... I'll let you know if it ever works.

Mine gets irritated once in a while, but most of the time she's very supportive of my brewing and has even been my brewing assistant quite a few times.

The first AG that she helped with blew her freaking mind. She didn't understand why I would want to do all that extra 'stuff' instead of just doing extract brews like I used to. :drunk:

Mine is supported every time she pours herself one of my beers. She truly enjoys my beers and in doing so, puts up with my obsession.

Now she's pushing for a brew hut so all my equipment, ingredients, etc, are out of the house & garage.

She still can't believe I brew the stuff though. Happy Camper, she is.

We have an unspoken agreement: not every weekend, leave enough space in the garage for her car, and always keep her favorite on tap (porter), and then pretty much anything else goes.

And this forum helps. When I show her all of the stuff in here that I could be building but don't, I look very restrained.

Bearcat Brewmeister said:
When I show her all of the stuff in here that I could be building but don't, I look very restrained.
You're welcome :mug:

I have a hard time justifying my obsession to SWMBO. Fortunately, she's pretty fvcking cool.

My husband used to always say, "Do you really NEED that?" every time I bought something. Since he's my biggest fan of my beers now, he just opens the door for the UPS guy. He never, ever, helps me, though. I asked him to carry a full carboy once and he told me, "It's YOUR hobby- you haul your own stuff". It sounded harsh, but I don't help him with his gardening and other hobbies. I've tried to include him but he has zero interest in it. Still, he loves to drink the beer and wine and share it with our friends so he's very supportive.

My wife ONLY likes Miller Lite, but she's pretty cool about the brewing stuff. She's asked once or twice what I've spent, and I told her "Almost enough". We can afford it, so it's not a big deal. Considering that I don't really gamble (outside of the occasional $20 poker game and a trip to the boats once evey other year) and I'm not totally into video games or other expensive guy hobbies, she doesn't care too much.

She was joking with me. She actualy helped me bottle last night as well. She likes good beer so she is supportive of my hobby, she did get me the starter kit, and was warned by the LHBS guy, after all. But for good measure i am taking her out for a nice dinner tonight.
I wonder about that dancing around in a teddy idea though:D That might be pushing it.

Mine complains that brewing is all I talk about sometimes but it keeps me out of trouble and she knows exactly where I'm at while I'm doing it! Besides, she's the one who bought me my starter kit so she can't complain too much! ;)

It is nice to have a supportive wife. Mine recently came to me a told me we paid too much on a credit card and had a $305 credit, and that I should spend it on beer stuff.......:confused: ...........DONE:D

I love her dearly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back