Easy Siphon Or EZ Siphon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
I have just become aware of a different type of auto siphon that uses a check ball type of end fitting to gradually fill the tubing above the gravity height point to start a siphon.

Can anyone compare their experiences with the non-stroking type of siphon?

Link for those unsure of WTF I'm talking about:
http://www.ezsiphon.com/

Geez, are there others?

I use the Autosiphon and it works great. I have ezsiphon too, but that is for gas and non-food grade liquids. I would not recommend it for wort.

Beside the food grade issue, you will end up agitating your wort and stirring up the yeast with the ezsipohn as you continuously give it the up and down jerking action which puts the ball in motion to get the liquid moving. :D

I will not debate the ability to use this on foods or not, but I learned it on HBD, where they are apparently using it for brew.

I, too, felt that agitating the wort enough to fill the twenty-some inches of hose might be undesirable, but I wondered if any people had used it, and their opinions.

Thinking it may beat out the bulb-type siphon and 3/16 hose that I have for draining gas tanks! Ain't worth a chit in cold weather!

Back