MLT and kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedude00

Reaction score
Got a couple questions. Its time for me to update my gear so i been thinking about getting some kegs.
1. How many gallons is a Keg I keep wanting to say 15.5
2 I know for sure i want to put a false bottom in my MLT but i seen some people put them in there kettles too that doesnt make cents to me so i want to see what you guys had to say.
3. For the MLT with a false bottom what kind of pick up tube would i use i been looking at this site to order my stuff and they have a lot to pick from http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=46
They have side pick up, bottom, center and so on. so what one would work the best or MLT and for my kettle.
Thanks
...Robert

Got a couple questions. Its time for me to update my gear so i been thinking about getting some kegs.
1. How many gallons is a Keg I keep wanting to say 15.5
2 I know for sure i want to put a false bottom in my MLT but i seen some people put them in there kettles too that doesnt make cents to me so i want to see what you guys had to say.
3. For the MLT with a false bottom what kind of pick up tube would i use i been looking at this site to order my stuff and they have a lot to pick from http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=46
They have side pick up, bottom, center and so on. so what one would work the best or MLT and for my kettle.
Thanks
...Robert

1. 15.5 gallons.
2. Some people use a false bottom in their BK to aid in filtering out cold/hot break materials and hops. You can also use a bottom pick-up tube with a screen or a side pick-up tube with no screen (placed above the level of expected trub).
3. You would use a center pick-up tube (same thing as a bottom pick-up) so as to be able to siphon as much from the MLT as possible.

Back