What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if its worth the hype, great beer nevertheless

ForumRunner_20130721_205816.png

Heavy seas mutiny fleet 2012 plank II interesting taste with a small oak / wood after taste. Nonetheless a good beer.

image-2162936626.jpg

tyzippers said:
I may have to agree a bit. I can't say that it's my new favorite, have-to-get-it-every-time-I-see-it IPA. I mean, it was a damn good IPA, but there are others that are easier to get and cost less (in my neck of the woods) that I like a wee bit better.

And the Heady backlash begins. I've had a few times and totally agree with you.

tripplehazzard said:
Did you drink it out of the can?

I'm just kidding! It's a really good Beer. The hop flavor and aroma is ridiculous. I drank most of it out of the can and poured the last couple oz into a glass. Cost me $12 bucks but it was worth it to try one. Especially because Its not I ordinary to pay $9 for a bottle of corona in NYC at a bar.

I'm just kidding! It's a really good Beer. The hop flavor and aroma is ridiculous. I drank most of it out of the can and poured the last couple oz into a glass. Cost me $12 bucks but it was worth it to try one. Especially because Its not I ordinary to pay $9 for a bottle of corona in NYC at a bar.

Good god man, they really rob you guys in New York

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Good god man, they really rob you guys in New York

Yes they do. It is really fu king ridiculous. The prices for homebrew items are mostly comparable but when it comes to commercially made beer the vendors have zero qualms gouging and bending the customers over. I'm mostly over it but every once in a while after a drunken night in the city I look in my wallet, then I look at myself in the mirror and I question my own sanity and really struggle and fight with the urge to punch myself in the face. Then I do it all over again.

I pitched 6 hours ago and the 3726-PC from Gabe is going nuts! How's yours doing Mark?

Another Ivan for me. Probably a night cap.

I just pitched about fifteen minutes ago :( Yesterday after flame out when I got it down to about 180 I noticed the IC was starting to drip so I just killed it. Pulled everything out, covered it up and stuck it in the basement to chill au natural. Still, the wort was a nice 73 so I expect it to ramp up pretty quick :)

Drinking coffee now and not sure how it got to be Monday so darned fast!

I just got home from a very long (for me) 2 day trip for work. Having a pint of my Roggenbier to cap off my day. It's has a lot of Hefeweizen character, but the rye takes this thing to a whole new level. Definitely gonna brew this one again, but maybe with a different yeast strain (I'm thinking it would be awesome with Belgian Wit yeast)...

I just pitched about fifteen minutes ago :( Yesterday after flame out when I got it down to about 180 I noticed the IC was starting to drip so I just killed it. Pulled everything out, covered it up and stuck it in the basement to chill au natural. Still, the wort was a nice 73 so I expect it to ramp up pretty quick :)

Drinking coffee now and not sure how it got to be Monday so darned fast!

Bummer man.. my stupid IC drips sometimes too. It drips right where the hoses connect to the coil. I ended up bending them over the outside edge of the pot so now they can drip all they like and it lands on the deck and not in my wort.

Drinking black coffee.

ResizedImage_1374505052579.jpg

Bummer man.. my stupid IC drips sometimes too. It drips right where the hoses connect to the coil. I ended up bending them over the outside edge of the pot so now they can drip all they like and it lands on the deck and not in my wort.

Drinking black coffee.

I've been borrowing my neighbors IC, but I'm thinking I'm going to build my own so I can get a slightly larger surface area, and also get the connections away from the pot so won't care if it drips either. Or I'll find a way to get some more mad money and get a plate chiller and pump!

LoloMT7 said:

Drinking black coffee.

I had that same problem too. So I sweat a couple MNPT adapters to the ends of the pipe. No more leaks!

I've had that problem as well. Annoying as heck.

Channel66 said:
Just unpacked a box from Clint, autoclaving some vials then packing up a box to send out.

Thanks Clint!

Clint is awesome.

I suggest putting the Red Dread in the fridge ASAP. Smash that one tonight. I love that beer.

Clint is awesome.

I suggest putting the Red Dread in the fridge ASAP. Smash that one tonight. I love that beer.

Haha you know me well. They all hit the fridge as soon as I got all the wrap off. You can already see the condensation on the edited second pic

Having one of my hefeweizen bombers. Ahh, what a great day.

image-3397565016.jpg

Just got done with a cascade smash - hit 10 points over, but i'll take it! was supposed to be 1.050 and hit 1.060.
About to heat up the water for an IIPA/Barleywine. As you can see the hops in the background... the 4 cups on the right are for the hopstand. Sipping on my 2.9% saison... gotta keep it easy for this brewday. have a prenatal appointment in 4 hours... haha.
gonna dough in and then sparge when i get back.

IMG_20130722_113320_797_zpsb33a9ec7.jpg

Water ... again. But when I went down to get it at lunch, I checked on my saison and about five hours after pitching the lid of the fermenting bucket was domed up and the blow-off tube happily farting away! :ban:

Thanks for that vial of kick-@$$ 3726 Gabe! :mug:

Taking a quick break from beer. The advantages of having the best ice cream shop in CT in your own town. German chocolate cake.

image-3576477582.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Water ... again. But when I went down to get it at lunch, I checked on my saison and about five hours after pitching the lid of the fermenting bucket was domed up and the blow-off tube happily farting away! :ban:

Thanks for that vial of kick-@$$ 3726 Gabe! :mug:

I really like that yeast. As stoked as I was for more ecy03, I think I actually prefer 3726. Tried I find some wlp072 while I was in avl today, but had to order it. Getting one of the shops here to get it instead of ordering from rebel hoping it will get shipped colder. Got two sacks of 6 row today, but malt house is outta wheat til harvest.

So when all you guys start wanting my bíere de garde yeast too, I'm going to need some vials and ice packs back with trades :)

I really like that yeast. As stoked as I was for more ecy03, I think I actually prefer 3726. Tried I find some wlp072 while I was in avl today, but had to order it. Getting one of the shops here to get it instead of ordering from rebel hoping it will get shipped colder. Got two sacks of 6 row today, but malt house is outta wheat til harvest.

So when all you guys start wanting my bíere de garde yeast too, I'm going to need some vials and ice packs back with trades :)

Don't worry ... I'll be sending you some vials later this week ;)

I can send some back your way also I've got 3 or 4 empties right now :mug:

That 3726 you sent me is massacring the wort in my carboy also! It looks like the last time I pitched 3787! The thermometer strip on the carboy lost the reading at 78 degrees which is fine with me the warmer the better!

mcbaumannerb said:

LoloMT7 said:
I can send some back your way also I've got 3 or 4 empties right now :mug:

That 3726 you sent me is massacring the wort in my carboy also! It looks like the last time I pitched 3787! The thermometer strip on the carboy lost the reading at 78 degrees which is fine with me the warmer the better!

I'm gonna need a bigger stir plate.

I'm gonna need a bigger stir plate.

I've got 3 2l flasks spinning up right now in my kitchen, been going steady now for 2 days, spinning up different strains for trades, swmbo was complaining of the noise. Gotta build up those populations!

It's not a question of bigger, instead a question of how many is too much

Love Bite Hefe Weizen with a little clove for a different flavor, currently looking at the bottom of a sierra nevada pale ale clone. Love the Ruination, one of my favorite ipa's!

Back