Seeking input on a "Brain Brew" from someone familiar with Nootropics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bibtm

Reaction score
I'm just curious if a beer including Nootropics (smart drugs), such as Piracetam and Choline is possible, chemically. Nootropics are known to increase several aspects of brain function from memory to cognitive ability in people as well as lowering alcohol tolerance. A batch of beer containing Nootropics is an interesting idea I came up with recently and have found absolutely zero information on. I'm not entirely sure if it's even possible to create but it could be something worth pursuing.

Get drunk quicker off fewer beers while improving your day to day brain functions and memory. Sounds like the ultimate student brew to me. It's just hard to get the proper information to see if this is something that can be done and if it's safe. Hopefully someone out there will know a little something on the subject.

I'd bet pretty heavily that the yeast will go ahead and take the compounds up and metabolize them. Our basic metabolism is not that different from that of yeasts. One would probably have to pastuerize the beer and THEN add them.

Back