Fugly But Functional - Corona Mill Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerMeThatBeer

Reaction score
Hey All - figured I'd post this up for those of us who are not in the least DIY-Savvy, but still like to give it a shot!

Been wanting to mill my own for awhile, picked up a $25 corona mill and a homer bucket and here you go. (pics at bottom)

Step1: massacre a homer bucket. notch the top on one side so a board sits flat, and make an opening in the other.

Step2: cut a hole in a board. attach Corona mill; grocery store bag attached to bottom to direct grains into homer bucket.

Step3: massacre a vinegar bottle for hopper. attach with post office tape.

Step4: is a little tilty, so counter weight on left side with something; random basement wood will do.

What do you think? my efficiency has been unpredictable (from the 60's to the 80's) - - so looking forward to crushing my own to pin down that variable.

Have an Amarillo Pale Ale planned for about 2 weeks; so hopefully I can report back that this mess didn't fall apart after 10lbs. (tests are looking positive).

_beermethatbeer

099.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

thanks all! yes - that thread (amongst others) is where I've taken my inspiration from;

this is why homebrew rocks so much. my equipment looks like it came out of a trash can, but i'm still making some killer brew!

(btw - you've got to see my converted cooler mash-tun; including several botched drill-thru holes that i've since plugged up)

Its the most beautiful creation Ive ever seen. i may try to build something like this when i start all grain batches.

Back