how to get iodophor taste out of lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodginBUIs

Reaction score
So when i bought my kegerator used, i sanitized everything and ended up leaving some iodophor/water in the beer line for about a week. now i have an obnoxious situation. my first pour tastes like iodophor. if the beer gets to sit in the line for any significant amount of time, it tastes like iodophor. what can i run through my beer line to get the crap taste out of it? id like to try to avoid replacing the line if possible, although i should probably put a longer one in there anyway. thanks.

guess i should. i know its cheap, i was just being lazy and figured if i could dump some crap in there and rinse it out, that would be easier. might as well go with a new line. thanks

Cheap beer line is part of the problem. A quality line would not have picked up that taste in the first place. I've left Iodophor in my lines for weeks without any taste issues. I don't do that anymore as I just use beer line cleaner and flush well with water.

Cheap beer line is part of the problem. A quality line would not have picked up that taste in the first place. I've left Iodophor in my lines for weeks without any taste issues. I don't do that anymore as I just use beer line cleaner and flush well with water.

I 100% agree, I store my party taps in the fridge filled with properly diluted iodophor. I never have an issue with a bad chemical taste. I use the standard beverage line that you get from the LHBS.

Back