arrogant bastard, ruination, stone IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiud

Reaction score
Ok, so my brother in law introduced me to Arrogant bastard, ruination and stone IPA from Stone Brewer. This is my first experience with this type of beer and I have to say that it kicked me right in the butt! A very strong, aggressive take, hopped to the max, and an astringent flavor?...but at the same time a very smooth after taste that lingers for hours. Each of the beer had a different characteristic but each one very aggressive in it's own way. Compared to drinking my own home brew, it's like drinking water. I don't think I can chug these beers like the way I do with other beers. You need to sip these beer with caution. what a brewery!

I haven't had Ruination in a while, I really need to schedule that in one of these days.

Stone IPA was my "gateway" beer when a friend of mine let me try it.

AB is great too, I just got some Chinook and I'm debating on whether or not to put them to use. I don't normally like doing clones, but I could make an exception for AB. I think the Oaked AB is even better!

I just had a regular old Stone Pale Ale last night and wasn't that impressed, however.

Your also forgetting their Vertical Epic Series... A new release each year.

Arrogant bastard, the name says it all.
The hops, they are big,
but the "malt", it is small.
It's a beer that you drink
when you don't have a date.
And nobody cares if you stumble home late.

Back