Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StinkyEttin, have you read the threads on balancing your system? If your beer line isnt long enough to slow the beer (based on the pressure you are serving at) it will create massive foam on each pour.

Also, if your faucets are warm, the first pour will pretty much always come out foamy.

Weird, if I haven't poured in a few days the first pour usually has less head then the second or so on. I figured it was just cause the beer in the line doesn't have co2 directly on it like the beer in the keg.

Just finished another one. This one is a present to a good friend of mine for his wedding this weekend.

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

Best wedding gift ever. By a long shot.

Yep, I figure that he is not interested in all of the crystal, fine china, linens, etc. that his wife can't wait to unwrap. This way, we can drink freshly brewed beer while helping her sort through all of the crap :)

I like that regulator set up. What did you use. Would like to copy this for my kegerator.

The regulator is a Taprite 4 body secondary, it's attached to the shelf rail with 5/16 x 1 1/2" bolts that go through 1" nylon spacers. I used lock washers to make sure it stays tight.

StinkyEttin, have you read the threads on balancing your system? If your beer line isnt long enough to slow the beer (based on the pressure you are serving at) it will create massive foam on each pour.

Also, if your faucets are warm, the first pour will pretty much always come out foamy.

Figured out the problem. I had the pressure dialed up too high and was force carbing the beer. I ramped down the PSI to 5 and am good to go.

Just finished mine last weekend. Was a blast to build. Big into hockey so tap handles are hockey sticks and pucks and co2 tank is covered in a hockey sock! Poured first 2 beers last night. One was great. The other i may have huried a bit. Kind of "grassy". No more bottles! (Or at least not nearly as many)

View attachment 1444313484942.jpg

My 95% done keezer/kegerator. She just needs a few MFL pin lock and ball lock liquid posts, a 1/4" swivel or barb fitting to connect a secondary regulator to the CO2 line, and a dehumidifier, and she'll be ready to go. Oh yeah, and an assembled ITC-1000 temperature controller. Should have everything here by Friday. Probably will take me a few weeks to find the time to put it all together. But I CAN'T WAIT.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1444792164.154969.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1444792181.523331.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1444792202.141506.jpg

Here is the current state of my kegerator:
21967033529_7041f0003c_c.jpg

21967035709_b792f19b8e_c.jpg

I am in a long term process of unifying my faucets to the 650ss. I currently still have ventmatic, 425ss, and 525ss faucets, but have converted half of them over to the 650ss. I have a total of 14 faucets out of the coffin box from the walk-in, and you can see the ones I've converted, because I've also changed the lines to bev seal ultra on those with the john guest shank fittings as well.

Once I convert all 14 over to the 650ss, I have been thinking about adding another two on the side of the coffin box for a total of 16 faucets. I had originally thought to do an offset row on the coffin box, but that was before the flow control faucets had been released, and the flow control would get in the way if I were to do an offset row.

I'll try to remember to post an updated picture once I convert all 14 faucets over, and have all john guest fittings and bev seal ultra lines in the walk-in.

I am in a long term process of unifying my faucets to the 650ss. I currently still have ventmatic, 425ss, and 525ss faucets, but have converted half of them over to the 650ss. I have a total of 14 faucets out of the coffin box from the walk-in, and you can see the ones I've converted, because I've also changed the lines to bev seal ultra on those with the john guest shank fittings as well.

Once I convert all 14 over to the 650ss, I have been thinking about adding another two on the side of the coffin box for a total of 16 faucets. I had originally thought to do an offset row on the coffin box, but that was before the flow control faucets had been released, and the flow control would get in the way if I were to do an offset row.

I'll try to remember to post an updated picture once I convert all 14 faucets over, and have all john guest fittings and bev seal ultra lines in the walk-in.

That is an awesome setup would like to see more pics of it.

That is an awesome setup would like to see more pics of it. What do you keep your legs in?

That is an awesome setup would like to see more pics of it. What do you keep your kegs in?

I built a walk-in cooler, two zones, each roughly 6ftx6ftx6ft. One side is for cold storage, roughly 42F, the other I use for ale fermentation, wine storage, and dry during meats (charcuterie is another hobby).

I have over 60 kegs on the cold storage side. It was over 70, but I decided to cull the herd a bit, and have dumped some kegs that I knew that I wouldn't drink. I'll see if I can find some other photos.

That CB100 tap is very cool! With the weight of the camshaft and the downward angle of the faucet, I'd be worried about the faucet staying closed.

I was a little concerned with that too especially since everyone likes to pour their own from that tap, but haven't had any issues yet.

I don't mean to steal everyone's thunder but here is today's build.

Apologies for the sideways photo and not sure why the others aren't loading

image.jpg

I can finally contribute here! After years of bottling, I decided to finally start kegging. I won a few bucks from PCH and that was the excuse I needed. I convinced SWMBO that we would still have bills no matter what we did with the money. Letting a carboy sit on the dining room table for two weeks waiting to be bottled helped too, lol.

Anyway, I was going to go the typical Keezer route when I spotted this little beaut on Craigslist. After brief negotiations, it was had for $50.

fridge1_zpspam4kbpl.jpg

fridge_zpsup19ziaj.jpg

After much cleaning, sanding, general tearing apart and painting, I came up with this:

beer_zpsup7qdnme.jpg

Due to some issues with the black appliance paint, most of the door is chalkboard paint so the texture is a little bumpy. I have a Smashing Pumpkin carbing up in there and expect to pull the first pint on Halloween.

If there's any interest, I took a bunch of pics along the way and can start a build thread. It's been a fun learning experience and I also expect to have a bunch of carbonation/kegging related questions in the near future.

Thanks goes out to everyone here at HBT. I consulted many build threads and looked at many, many others' contributions for insight and inspiration.

Cheers! :mug:

If there's any interest, I took a bunch of pics along the way and can start a build thread.

Well, yeah! I have an old style fridge that my father-in-law gave me a year ago that I would like to do this with. I'm just to chicken to start the project :)

Well, that and the chest freezer right next to it is also in need of a collar. Too much to do these days.

Back