Hockey, unpopular among fellow homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge Devils fan here...been cheering for them since their '83-'84 season.
Can't wait for this season to start...I predict they'll erase last season's embarassment with a top 5 finish in the East. Then they'll prolly tank in the first round due to an aging Brodeur playing 75+ regular season games.

Regardless...LET'S GO DEVILS!

Count me in!

Been a Blackhawks season ticket holder for 6 years.

Hahaha! Is this the same Demon from the old Hawks boards before they sucked??? (Boards, not Hawks, Hawks DID suck then mostly)
You remember that our homebrewing and beer threads got pretty good there.

Hahaha! Is this the same Demon from the old Hawks boards before they sucked??? (Boards, not Hawks, Hawks DID suck then mostly)
You remember that our homebrewing and beer threads got pretty good there.

That's me!

Lifelong Sabres fan here. Played from 6 years old to 26. Knee surgery ended that. My wife is going to grad school at McGill for the next 2 years, so I hope to get some Habs games in. My neighbors growing up were the Giontas. When Brian won the Cup with NJ, he brought it to the neighborhood and we had a block party!:ban:

Love watching and playing hockey.

Can't wait for the season to start. Should be a rather interesting year as a Flyers fan.

Lifelong Sabres fan here. Played from 6 years old to 26. Knee surgery ended that. My wife is going to grad school at McGill for the next 2 years, so I hope to get some Habs games in. My neighbors growing up were the Giontas. When Brian won the Cup with NJ, he brought it to the neighborhood and we had a block party!:ban:

Good effin luck. It's almost impossible unless you pay 3x the ticket value on stubhub.

One of the few cons of being a habs fan :(

Gionta is awesome, great guy. And he's my height, what's not to love?

Another die hard caps fan here! Although I was born in Detroit so the wings are my second favorite team. I pull for the wings in the western Conference (unless they get moved over in the next few years from the thrashers-to-jets move)

Lifelong hawks fan here. Just got my tix for the home opener this morning. Setup a hd tv in my garage (brewery) just so I can watch games while brewing this fall and winter. Heavily looking forward to this season.

I'm an Avalanche fan, going all the way back to Patrick Roy's famous fit in Montreal. Still hoping against hope for some of the "young guys" to start producing a little more. After five years or so, the phrase "rebuilding season" starts to get a little stale.

Born a Red Wings fan, not a fanboy. Grew up 50 miles from Detroit and support all local teams, even the Lions.

_

Germelli1 said:
Another die hard caps fan here! Although I was born in Detroit so the wings are my second favorite team. I pull for the wings in the western Conference (unless they get moved over in the next few years from the thrashers-to-jets move)

My entire family is from Detroit & suburbs of Detroit so I pull for the Wings in the west too. Drives my husband crazy; he's still bitter about the Caps Stanley Cup loss to the Wings in 98.

My entire family is from Detroit & suburbs of Detroit so I pull for the Wings in the west too. Drives my husband crazy; he's still bitter about the Caps Stanley Cup loss to the Wings in 98.

I remember those playoffs like it was yesterday. I traveled to D.C. like a month after that and saw a sign on a restaurant that said, "Congrats Red Wings, thanks Caps for a great season." That was classy as hell.

I run lighting production for the panthers. Fam is from Detroit always been a winger. Got to bump into gordie this year... Pretty sweet day for me!! My men's league team loves my beer but no one is ready to jump in just yet...

Puckhead said:
I run lighting production for the panthers. Fam is from Detroit always been a winger. Got to bump into gordie this year... Pretty sweet day for me!! My men's league team loves my beer but no one is ready to jump in just yet...

Awesome! We're coming down for a Caps/Panthers (and a Caps/Lightning) game in February. I'm very excited.

Count me in as a rabid hockey fan. Grew up in Sask. always pulling for the Blackhawks.
Glenn Hall was my idol. Moved to CO. 27 years ago so now it is AVS ALL THE WAY.

I feel for Panthers fans.

Last year I went to a habs/panthers game and it was 4/5 habs fans. There even were ads on the panthers website asking people from other teams to come to Florida watch their team play.

It was sad.

Not to mention they haven't gone to the playoffs in over 10 years.

What a mess.

Nice to see other Caps fans on here. Although I feel they are a big bandwagon team right now. Basically before we got Ovie, you didn't want to admit you were a caps fan, and most of the time you could get free tickets because people couldn't sell them. Caps were the joke of DC sports (skins' 3 superbowls were still fresh in people's mind). Now they're the only team worth watching; but I have a feeling the Wizards will be a great team in a few years with the new ownership.

I'm glad to see varly go. He is probably the best goalie we've ever had on pure skill, but so fragile. I just feel bad for the guy that got that huge tattoo of him (with the number #40 even - he wore #1 during most of his time with the Caps). Now that has got to hurt.

It's nice to see all of these relatively new Caps fans. You guys do know that hockey existed in DC before Ovechkin right?

LET'S GO FLYERS!

It's nice to see all of these relatively new Caps fans. You guys do know that hockey existed in DC before Ovechkin right?

LET'S GO FLYERS!
I've been a Caps fan since the mid 90's, unfortunately. Trust me, the bandwagon fans probably annoy us real fans more than the rest of the league.

Have fun with Jagr! I saw his buddy circles (Nylander) was offered a pro tryout by Philly as well. That would just be hilarious ;)

Germelli1 said:
Understandable, you all could have put a toddler in net this season and stopped more pucks than your goalies...

The same could be said for what was between the pipes in DC as well.

Is that pansy Mike Green seeing straight yet?

bobz32 said:
I've been a Caps fan since the mid 90's, unfortunately. Trust me, the bandwagon fans probably annoy us real fans more than the rest of the league.

Have fun with Jagr! I saw his buddy circles (Nylander) was offered a pro tryout by Philly as well. That would just be hilarious ;)

I loathe the Jagr signing, but it's low risk high reward and am not real worried about Nylander. No chance he makes the team, much like Guerin last year.

I loathe the Jagr signing, but it's low risk high reward and am not real worried about Nylander. No chance he makes the team, much like Guerin last year.
It would be a disgrace if Nylander makes any pro team. He (and his contract) was the bane of our existence a few season ago.

The same could be said for what was between the pipes in DC as well.

Is that pansy Mike Green seeing straight yet?

Haha ya, he is really a pansy...come back from a concussion and immediately blocks a shot with his head that shattered his helmet. He must not have any balls at all:rolleyes:

Germelli1 said:
Haha ya, he is really a pansy...come back from a concussion and immediately blocks a shot with his head that shattered his helmet. He must not have any balls at all:rolleyes:

Soft as charmin, to think otherwise is just being a blind homer.

Soft as charmin, to think otherwise is just being a blind homer.
He isn't the softest on the team (leave that to the human pylon, Schultz), but I would love if the Caps traded him. We already got rid of the worst NHL player, Tyler Sloan. We need to get rid of Schultz, and trade Semin/Green for a legit shutdown defensemen / serviceable 3rd pairing D man. Although I am impressed with the off season moves so far, I am still extremely disappointed that Bruce still has a job...

Although I am impressed with the off season moves so far, I am still extremely disappointed that Bruce still has a job...

He's helping Washington DC's economy big time. Restaurants love him.

Thank you for this thread... just reminded me to call local(relatively) hockey team(Portland Winterhawks) and get a ticket pack. Can't get enough ice action!

A little something I photoshopped...

haagendaz_shop.jpg

Just did a research for hockey threads and saw only a handfull.

Are we a minority in this message board?

Being from Montréal you'll understand I'm an avid Habs fan!

Me personally, i only watch Combat Sports, Such as Boxing,Kickboxing and MMA. Don't much care for other sports.

Yea, the bandwagoners @ caps games are pretty saddening. It is usually pretty easy to tell the difference, but at least the team is getting more publicity.

I'll agree Green may need to go and probably Semin too, but not Schultz. Erskine should go before Schultz, although Erskine stepped up his game last season, I doubt it will continue. I'm glad they paid Laich, he is a perfect example of why NHL > NFL, and he can actually play.

Tbh, DC's economy doesn't need help from anyone ;)

I have no problem with bandwagoners. Generally, they are just new fans and only need to learn more about the game. In 5 years they will be real fans (or have moved on). True fans have to have a start somewhere.

Next season is going to be the Yotes' final one in Phoenix. You better enjoy it while it lasts.

You will find me in Arizona in november to watch my habs play them. Absolutely need to see the arena live at least once before they go.

Latest posts

Back