Great start to the weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBKing

Reaction score
One of those weekends for this brewer I suppose:

At work we have 2 temp workers going after 1 full time position spot. One guy isnt a worker at all..just plays with his phone and wanders around. The other, is a worker. And I mean the guy busts his ass daily. So its no huge decision on who I want to get the full time spot. After two weeks of helping him along, getting our numbers, and then putting out extra product, I got my paycheck today. $100 bonus for both the temp and I! I'd say he got the job eh?

So after putting $80 of the 100 in the bank, I decided that a trip to the beer store is in order. I wouldnt have gone if I didn't get the bonus, as I have plenty of homebrew stocked up, however it was one of those events that warranted a 6 pack...so I walk in, check out the usual beer (Schlafly, Harpoon, and a few others) and decide to pick up SWMBOs wine. On my way to the wine a new craft beer rack caught my eye. SCORE! Guess whos in my po-dunk town in Central IL? Stone!

SA-WEEEET!

Picked up an Arrogant Bastard bomber and a 6er of their IPA. The price kind of hit me, and ended up costing more than the $20 I had put away for the purchase, but can you blame a guy?

On my third IPA now, then going to bed.

Have a great weekend everyone! :tank:

Yeah, I saw that Stone IPA came to the St Louis area. They also made a label for the St Louis release. How was it? I am very excited about trying this beer:ban:

I'm loving the Pale Ale. Very well balanced.

The main store that I buy craft brew from in Peoria IL, called Friar Tucks also got it in. I was talking to an employee there a few weeks ago on a stop to replace my 80th hydrometer and he told me they would have it soon. I just didnt expect my local store to have it.

Seek it out man.

I may get crazy tonight and break into the Arrogant Bastard. We'll see.

Back