coconut stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonypr24

Reaction score
So I have a problem, a few weeks ago I made my first fruit beer a coconut stout. My problem is that I used shredded coconut in my secondary and I am having a tough time moving it from the secondary to my keg..the hose keeps getting clogged with the floating coconuts..any idea.?

tie a sanitized muslin bag around the mouth of the syphon. it works for hops, no reason it shouldnt for coconut

dcp27 said:
tie a sanitized muslin bag around the mouth of the syphon. it works for hops, no reason it shouldnt for coconut

I did this last week. I boiled and sanitized a small strainer and held it under the syphon and under the beer level in the bottling bucket to prevent air getting in. Worked fine... Please post if you get coconut flavor. From drinking the sample I got no coconut... However, the sugars in the coconut got broke down into alcohol and turned it into almost an imperial stout.

I'll be bottle conditioned in about 2 weeks. Maybe that flavor will be brought out by the carbonation.

Much luck.

Back