Best place on line to get a Brew Kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerDog

Reaction score
I need a 7.5 gallon Brew Kettle that wont break the bank, what are some online places that I could buy from with decent prices. Thanks

Also I would buy from someone here, but there is nothing on the classifieds.

Someone (pedalbrewer?) posted the other day about the converted kegs he sells on eBay; converted kegs are the absolute way to go.

go to walmart or homedepot and buy a turkey fryer... you get a propane burner and 7.5gallon pot for 40 bucks or so...

I just got a turkey fryer for 37 bucks at wall mart :)

Being a "noob" when it comes to brewing I have been reading these boards quite a bit. My question is about the aluminum pots that come with these fryers. I hear a lot of people saying stainless is the way to go. Soo.... Is it ok to start out with the cheap aluminum? Will the extract stick to the "grooves" in the aluminum? Will the cleaning be a huge pain?

Or.... am I just being too damn cautious??? ahh I need a beer already and I have not even started this new hobby haha

Ok I recently picked one of these up:

http://www.brew-4-less.com/

Pros:
9 Gallon Stainless Steel!
Good quality Thermometer
Valve
<$120 shipped

Cons:
Non-clad bottom
Can ding (but is still #304 stainless)
Uses pay-pal (I hate pay-pal)
The thermometer stem sticks in about 1/3 of the way, coil chillers may have to be bent slightly.

I have used this for 3 full 7 gallon boils so far. Nice because It fits easily on my stovetop due to the small diameter. It is basically as advertised, a good introductory brewpot that has plently of space and the possibility of being used for mashing (I use a cooler) but the bottom is the same gauge as the sides ---non-clad. So for what it is and does, it is the best price I have found so far. I had to slightly bend my immersion chiller to get around the thermometer stem. Either way it is a good buy, only time will tell if the seals hold...which they should it is not a bad product for the money.

Blackline said:
I just got a turkey fryer for 37 bucks at wall mart :)

Being a "noob" when it comes to brewing I have been reading these boards quite a bit. My question is about the aluminum pots that come with these fryers. I hear a lot of people saying stainless is the way to go. Soo.... Is it ok to start out with the cheap aluminum? Will the extract stick to the "grooves" in the aluminum? Will the cleaning be a huge pain?

Or.... am I just being too damn cautious??? ahh I need a beer already and I have not even started this new hobby haha

Hahaha, there are many many thread in which people have debated and argued the stainless steel versus aluminum decision. I personally only use stainless steel.

Just got home from Storts Authority (formally Gart Sports) with a 30 qt. stainless turkey fryer for $47.99 this week they are 40% off.

Back