Badger Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my friend Dave turned me on to this home brewing very recently and I've been fairly instantly hooked. A few weeks back, we cooked a Dead Guy Ale clone, and I got an English Brown Ale Kit that he calls "Mama Joanne's Irish Brown" Thanks to the store in Wauwautosa Dave brought me to (~72nd and North Ave) for the great beginners kit - and sorry I forgot your name. Here's to the heartland of brewing - the great state of Wisconsin.

Thanks also to the "Wine and Hops" shop on Monroe St in Madison. Great store

I just bottled my own variation on the English Brown kit this past Thursday and I'm very optimistic from the tiny glass of flat I poured myself.

Today, I'm embarking on a light Belgian that was inspired by the Great Dane Brew Pub's (Madison WI) awesome Belgian Tripel, though I'm scaling it back slightly on the malt... 10lbs seem'd a mite much.

Cheers all!

Looks like you know what you're doing there! Welcome!

Is the 10lbs of malt for the tripel 10 lbs of malt extract, or 10 lbs of grain. If it is grain, I would say you need more. If extract, that's about the right amount for a beastly beer like a tripel!

Though I scaled it back to:

6.5 lbs pale LME from Wine and Hops bulk,
1 lb Golden Dry DME,
and a little grain (crushed crystal malt ~ 1lb)
in hopes I could lighten it up a bit.

I like that description - a beast indeed. I liked the Tripel flavor in Great Dane, but it was a little monstrous. We'll see if I knew what I was doing or if my theory took a turn for the worse!!

desertBrew said:
I think I hear them sneak in magic mushroom into the song. That would make sense. Strangely hypnotic! I think I'll let it run for the day with the speakers cranked. People will leave me alone perhaps. Or call HR.

I have our coporate website set up so that our competitors get redirected to this site when they try to visit our site.

Cheesefood said:
I have our coporate website set up so that our competitors get redirected to this site when they try to visit our site.

Classic! :p

And addictive to boot! I'm still waiting for something else to happen.

I can't stop watching it. Reminds me of my entire undergrad experience... just replace the snake with a few professors and I think we've got it.

That's a scary ass snake

See Cheese, I told you, that damn thing gets stuck in your head. 2 days later and it's still popping up in my head.

There's some kind of wierd Halloween 3, mind-control thing going on there with those furry little freaks. I'm sure of it. :D

Ize

Cheesefood said:

Mind if I ask how you did it? I'm not the IT guy, but I'd really love to set something up for our competitors.

We've got 2 main competitors, and I'd be grinning for weeks knowing that these goons couldn't access our site.

Kevin K said:
Mind if I ask how you did it? I'm not the IT guy, but I'd really love to set something up for our competitors.

We've got 2 main competitors, and I'd be grinning for weeks knowing that these goons couldn't access our site.

OK, first you have to know the IP address that thier ISP uses. If they have their own dedicated IP, you're good. You don't want to block AOL or SBC or any of the main guys!

I made a file to house my DB connection code. I include it on every page on my site. (BTW, I use PHP and MySQL). I've removed several references and generecized areas for the protection of everyone involved. This also sends me an e-mail whenever they try to access the site, and stores a cookie on their computer telling me how many times they've tried. It's fun when I get 100 emails in a row because they keep trying.

PHP:
<?php
session_start();
$conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "username", "password") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("dbname", $conn) or die(mysql_error());

$session = session_id();
$array = explode(".", gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']));
$count = count($array);

for ($i=0; $i < $count; $i++) {

if (($array[''.$i.'']) == "Auditors") { //Our company is regularly hit by auditors, and they used my name once to try to scam passwords so I monitor them
    $msg = "At ".date("l \\t\h\e dS of F, Y \a\\t h:i A").", Auditors visited the website";
    $recipient = "[email protected]";
    $subject =  "Alert! Auditors Have Visited the Website";
    $mailheaders = "From: Auditor.Alert@companyemail";
}    

if (($array[1] == "competitor1") || ($array[1] == "competitor2") || ($array[1] == "competitor3") || ($array[1] == "competitor4")) {
    if (!($_COOKIE['competitor'])) {
        $counter = 0;
        setcookie('competitor', $counter, time()+60*60*24*365, '/', false, 0);
        }
    $counter = $_COOKIE['competitor'] + 1;
    setcookie('competitor', $counter, time()+60*60*24*365, '/', false, 0);    
    $msg = "At ".date("l \\t\h\e dS of F, Y \a\\t h:i A").", ".$array[1]." visited the website. To see where they went, click on http://mywebsite.com/inside/vis_list.php?ses=".session_id()." This person has visited ".$_COOKIE['competitor']." times.";
    $recipient = "[email protected]";
    $subject =  $array[1]." Visited the Website";
    $mailheaders = "From: [email protected]";
    header("Location: http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com");
    }

if ($array[1] == "competitor5") {
    header("Location: index2.php");
    }    

$check = mysql_query("select * from getinfo where session='$session'");
if (mysql_num_rows($check) == 0) {

$sql = "insert into getinfo values('', '".gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])."', '$_SERVER[HTTP_REFERER]', now(), '".session_id()."')";
        $query = mysql_query($sql);
}

$sql1 = mysql_query("select * from getinfo2 where session='$session' and page='".$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']."'") or die(mysql_error());
if (mysql_num_rows($sql1) == 0) {

$qry2 = mysql_query("insert into getinfo2 values('', '$session', '".$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']."', now())") or die(mysql_error());
}
}
if ($recipient) {
mail($recipient, $subject, $msg, $mailheaders);
} 
?>

Back