Bar plans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Cazador

Reaction score
Anybody have plans for a homemade bar?

looking to build one and didn't know if any of the online companies selling them were helpful or not.

Thanks for the feedback!!

FullSack said:
Anybody have plans for a homemade bar?

looking to build one and didn't know if any of the online companies selling them were helpful or not.

Thanks for the feedback!!

I bought my plans from these guys:

http://www.precision-images.com/

They have all sorts of designs. Some fairly simple and some not. Fast service and nice plans.

While not pictures of my bar per se, you can see it in a couple of pictures in my gallery.

Let me know if you order from them. I'll have a couple of tips for you if you do....

I built my own. Mine is 8 ft by 3.5 feet, 4 feet tall, oak top with pine on the sides, used 2x4's for the frame, built in less than 3 days of work. It looks good, is very functional, and has plenty of storage, cabinets, and a spot for a fridge under it. Soon it will have a tap tower and a keg system installed!! The whole bar cost me about $200 in wood and materials. Of course, you need to know something about saws, woodworking, etc. :)

Biermann said:
4 feet tall, oak top with pine on the sides,

Four feet tall, for real? That's 48 inches tall.

Mine is just a hair under 43 inches and I was thinking it was a tad too tall. That is one of the things I was going to mention to FULLSACK if he bought plans from the place I linked to.

What kind of barstools did you get, and from where?

I'm an idiot. My wife has been on my @ss to build a bar since we moved into our house 3 years ago and I haven't. I don't know why I haven't seized on this opportunity.
Actually, I was a little intimidated by the planning. that site should make it easier.

I built mine too., Simple 2x4frame with a 2 inch thick pine slab on top, with bark still on the outside. Shiplap 1/6s to box in the frame. Brass footrest from Kegworks.com. Make sure your bar overhang is sufficient to make sitting under it comfortable.

I built a room addition so I could build a bar so I had to design it to fit the space I had. My wife wanted a bigger house so I made a deal, I build the room and I get a bar and she was happy with that....

bar.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

Since we're showing samples for reference... Mine came with the house but is a nice setup and not that complicated to build. Behind the curtains "was" a mini-fridge and I suspect a cabinet door that is MIA. Built in keg setup got Nixed by SWMBO but approved for the full fridge which I'm now glad its there since I can have more than 2 taps...

574-WetBar1.jpg

574-WetBar2.jpg

Oh and, nice setup you got there Monster Mash!

I finished our previously empty basement 3 years ago just prior to the arrival of my first daughter. I had plans and the perfect spot all ready to go for building in a bar in the basement. However, talk of space to keep the toys and everything else won out despite my best arguments. One of my many life lessons - You can't win an argument with your 7 month's-along-pregnant wife. Never. Alas, the corner where my bar was supposed to be is being occupied by a toy chest and miniature kitchen set. I suppose I could rig a setup in the plastic kitchen sink to dispense beer?

Now you got me questioning myself. . . I was thinking it was 4 ft tall, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'll measure it later and correct myself if I'm wrong. Its been 3 years since I built it. What I like about mine is that it has endless opportunities as far as adding taps, shelves underneath, etc, and I don't feel bad if I have to drill a hole in the top of it to add a tower. The only bad thing is that there is no water supply to my bar due to where I had to build it.

MilwaukeeHomeBrewer said:
I finished our previously empty basement 3 years ago just prior to the arrival of my first daughter. I had plans and the perfect spot all ready to go for building in a bar in the basement. However, talk of space to keep the toys and everything else won out despite my best arguments. One of my many life lessons - You can't win an argument with your 7 month's-along-pregnant wife. Never. Alas, the corner where my bar was supposed to be is being occupied by a toy chest and miniature kitchen set. I suppose I could rig a setup in the plastic kitchen sink to dispense beer?

You probably could do this, especially if you hid the tap in one of the plastic cabinets. . . . Although your wife would probably start wondering why your child was acting drunk all the time!!!;)

I think this may have set a new record for thread resurrection...Almost 4 years old! :D

Back