Why Us Corvette guys get a bad rap...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VatorMan

Reaction score
Damn Ohio !!

need companion for rides in new corvette

need companion for rides in new corvette (north of columbus)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-06, 3:21PM EDT

Ok ladies reply fast need compaions to ride in my new 2008 corvette with me. Tell me why it should be you that goes rideing with me.

And a response from another user:

re: need companion for rides in new corvette (north of columbus)

re: need companion for rides in new corvette (north of columbus) (The Teacher)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2008-09-06, 7:23PM EDT

If I win, I promise to teach you how to spell on those long rides. Oh pick me!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 830609515

This one appears to be from the same guy:

cruising partner - m4w

cruising partner - m4w - 50 (north of columbus)

Date: 2008-09-06, 6:56PM EDT

lets go for a ride in my 2008 corvette when were done driving you can ride me

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 830577861

And another I found:

Looking for a companion for Car Shows

Looking for a companion for Car Shows - 48 (Columbus)

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-08-21, 3:25PM EDT

Hi all.
I'm looking for a SWF around the ages of 35 to 55 To accompany me to
Car Shows/Cruisins on weekends(smokers and drinkers are okay,just can't do it in the car).Please be height and weight proportionate and have a recent picture please.
I have a 1975 Corvette Stingray with T-Tops that I show and it's boring going alone.I'm a SWM 5'7" weigh 135 with brown hair and green eyes.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in,please email me and I'll email you back with a phone number so we can talk first.

010104011509010411200808212530a14c28fe85730800d344.jpg
011512010207010408200808215aac2b53dbdfe05ed70027cc.jpg

My dad rebuilt cars and sold them when I was growing up and there was almost always a vette sitting around somewhere. I've always wanted one and I always will. Call it a midlife crisis if you want, but the fact of the matter is that with 4 kids, a mortgage, and college and weddings to pay for, I won't be able to afford one until I'm 50-55.

Not a midlife crisis, just life getting in the way of my dream of owning a vette.

As for the lonely guy with the old vette... 5'7" 135? Holy damn... my left leg is bigger than that.

Well, if most of the corvette guys weren't ****** bags, they wouldn't have a bad rap.

Of course, that's off the lot corvettes. The classic car guys are pretty cool, regardless of what they drive.

So he wants someone to ride with him to shows... so what? I don't blame him.

Corvettes are highly over-rated shiny pretty things, just like Harleys. I'm no expert, that is just the opinion of anyone non American that I've known when the whole motor conversation comes up.....Just before I switch off and go into my own little non-motorized world. :eek:

Anyone know of a bomb proof shelter I can hide in for a few days?

I find your lack of faith disturbing
choke.jpg

When I had my Corvette, all I had to do was drive through a bar parking lot after last call to get what I was after...

Yeah, but in all fairness, not too many of us are looking for handjobs from homeless men.

Actually, if anything they are under rated since they will eat up many foreign sports cars for a fraction of the cost.....

I'll take your word for it. Like I say, I don't know. Just repeating what I heard occasionally in the past. I usually turn off when the talk gets around to motors. :)

Actually, if anything they are under rated since they will eat up many foreign sports cars for a fraction of the cost.....

I used to blow vettes away in my 93 eagle talon TSi Awd. It cost far less than corvettes when new, technically I think it might be considered an American car, but it was made with mitsubishi parts on an eclipse frame after mitsubishi bought diamond - star motors around 1990.

The large fiberglass penis (corvette) had nothing on that small fast car from the line to the finish of the 1/4 mile.

To me corvettes just say "I'm compensating for something", and if the guy driving a vette isn't bald, it isn't hard to guess what it is...

I used to blow vettes away in my 93 eagle talon TSi Awd. It cost far less than corvettes when new, technically I think it might be considered an American car, but it was made with mitsubishi parts on an eclipse frame after mitsubishi bought diamond - star motors around 1990.

The large fiberglass penis (corvette) had nothing on that small fast car from the line to the finish of the 1/4 mile.

To me corvettes just say "I'm compensating for something", and if the guy driving a vette isn't bald, it isn't hard to guess what it is...

I was referring to foreign exotic cars and late model Vettes. I will call BS on "blowing them away" I would like to see you "blow away" an 08' Z06

Which Corvettes were they, exactly? 1978 L-48s?

Well I haven't had the car for years, but at the time I had the car, my one friend was very into vettes. He has owned a c4 and a c5, at different times in his life, but I forget which one he used to race with me, but it was one that came straight from the dealership with no after market parts. We would race and I would take him pretty much every time, but this may say more about his driving than the abilities of the car.

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel."

... but I forget which one he used to race with me...

Sort of reminds me of the kids in junior high who used to say they weren't virgins and then when people asked who they had sex with they'd so "oh she's from Canada, you wouldn't know her".

As someone who avidly streetraced from 90-98, I could probably tell you the year, make, and model of almost every car I raced, especially the ones owned by my friends.

The 93 TSI had 190 HP. Even an 86 C-4 Vette had 230 HP.

What's the difference between a corvette and a porcupine??
Porcupine has the prick on the outside! :ban:

I beat stock C4/C5s back in the day, but I had a 68 Nova SS clone with a 69 LT1 in it, but I had a bunch of parts on it that would take entirely too long to list. And no interior. Or air conditioning. Or speakers.

Etc.

Sort of reminds me of the kids in junior high who used to say they weren't virgins and then when people asked who they had sex with they'd so "oh she's from Canada, you wouldn't know her".

As someone who avidly streetraced from 90-98, I could probably tell you the year, make, and model of almost every car I raced, especially the ones owned by my friends.

The 93 TSI had 190 HP. Even an 86 C-4 Vette had 230 HP.

First off these weren't real street races, just two idiots flooring it on the back roads, but you got me thinking so I called him and asked. It was a 99 C5, but my friend reminded me of some caviats in which he said I should mention. I still like to remember the glory of blowing his car out of the water with a car I spent $50 on and fixed myself, so let me have my delusions.

First he bought the car used and it had an automatic transmission :( and second he claims the street we used to race wasn't a full quarter mile if you figure in time to stop, he claims that he would have caught up to me given some extra road.

The thing about the eagle you have to remember is that it is extremely light and that with the AWD you would take off of the line like a shot.

First off these weren't real street races, just two idiots flooring it on the back roads, but you got me thinking so I called him and asked. It was a 99 C5, but my friend reminded me of some caviats in which he said I should mention. I still like to remember the glory of blowing his car out of the water with a car I spent $50 on and fixed myself, so let me have my delusions.

First he bought the car used and it had an automatic transmission :( and second he claims the street we used to race wasn't a full quarter mile if you figure in time to stop, he claims that he would have caught up to me given some extra road.

The thing about the eagle you have to remember is that it is extremely light and that with the AWD you would take off of the line like a shot.

I had a 2000 Vette and believe the 99 was rated at he same 345HP. The Vette's curb weight is only 700lbs more then the TSI AWD. Still calling BS simply because you said that you "blew away corvetteS" with an S

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!! you guys are great !!!!! i laughed my fackin azz off !!!!! the official pace car of the mid-life crisis 500 !!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h!!!!! -Peace

Latest posts

Back