Bottle Labels using Powerpoint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revvy said:
Great idea....so a printed powerpoint slideframe is the size of a beer lable...or do you have to do something special when you're printing them?

It's not the right size if you just print the slide. You have to save the slide as an image file (jpg, bmp, png, etc.) I just used the HP photo printing software that came with my printer to scale it to the right size. Took five minutes and a couple test prints.

Good idea! I sometimes forget that people use Powerpoint for things other than presentations. I sometimes use it for a publisher-like program.

In powerpoint anytime you draw a rectangle, you can right click it go into "Format Autoshape" and specify the dimensions in inches. The printed product won't come out quite the same size in inches (unless you fiddle a bit with the settings to not resize the slide contents for the unprintable margins) but you can get pretty close. Then just keep everything you've got inside the rectangle and you're gold.

This is what I've done before in a bind and it works pretty well and you don't have to export as a jpg or gif or whatever, just print normally in powerpoint. You may even be able to fit two on one page.

PowerPoint is my secret image/graphics editor at work. I only use Photoshop when I have to. Nothing wrong with PS, it's just easier to do quick stuff in PPT.

My winery logo--took 2 minutes...

hickoryglynnlogo.jpg

Latest posts

Back