Lancaster PA Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we do have a meeting that night. Would look forward to meeting you Yuri.

I would double check that date with Slatetank because that is the day before Thanksgiving. In the past, we have had the meeting moved up a week. I know the newsletter has it for the 26th, but it had a few dates incorrect. Matt, could you chime in on this?

Actually the meeting was last night. There is a brew day this Sat just outside of Columbia off Rt 30 at the Prospect Exit. Would be a good way to see several different brewers making beer.

Aww crap. For some reason I thought it was the last Wed. in the month next week..... next time a calendar will come in handy. I will hopefully make it this Sat. :( Is there an address?

It'll be a good time. The best thing about this year, (second annual Fall Down Day), is that it's actually being held on time. Last year when JE and I spawned the idea, we barely got the day to actually happen before the winter solstice. December 15th, actually. Still technically fall, but barely. It was frigid, and we were the only brewers. This year, we actually are brewing the same week as the fall equinox, warmer weather, more brewers, plus we get to drink last year's namesake barleywine, Fall Down Ale 001.

Oh, and no worries about rain, we've got it covered. Literally, I suppose.

It'll be a good time. The best thing about this year, (second annual Fall Down Day), is that it's actually being held on time. Last year when JE and I spawned the idea, we barely got the day to actually happen before the winter solstice. December 15th, actually. Still technically fall, but barely. It was frigid, and we were the only brewers. This year, we actually are brewing the same week as the fall equinox, warmer weather, more brewers, plus we get to drink last year's namesake barleywine, Fall Down Ale 001.

Oh, and no worries about rain, we've got it covered. Literally, I suppose.
I'll have two Barleywines for Sat, an 8 yr old American and a very young Eng style Thomas Hardy's clone. See you Sat

See you tomorrow.

I've got a really tasty porter to bring provided I resist the temptation of kicking the keg tonight. My "Hobbit Beer", based upon the thread found here somewhere is already on tap at JE's house, as well as two sour fruit stouts that we made at Steve's house, among other things. It's going to be a long day, I think.

Upon arrival, right after firing up the kettles, I'll be firing up the smoker for some pork that I'm bringing with. Mmm, mmm, good.

Is that 8 year old BW the same one you brought to Steve's? It was quite good, IIRC.

I'll bring some of my Rabbit Run Rye that's in my pull-down. I'd love some thoughts on it, because I'm obviously biased. :)

Looks like it will be a rainy one!

See you tomorrow.

I've got a really tasty porter to bring provided I resist the temptation of kicking the keg tonight. My "Hobbit Beer", based upon the thread found here somewhere is already on tap at JE's house, as well as two sour fruit stouts that we made at Steve's house, among other things. It's going to be a long day, I think.

Upon arrival, right after firing up the kettles, I'll be firing up the smoker for some pork that I'm bringing with. Mmm, mmm, good.

Is that 8 year old BW the same one you brought to Steve's? It was quite good, IIRC.
Yes it's the same one, still have a few bottles left.

I think it's safe to say we had a wildly successful day.

In other words, Fall Down Day 002 was kick ass.

6 Brewers, roughly 60 gallons of beer made, approximately 60 gallons of rain soaked into our clothing when we ventured out from the garage, and an assload, (that's a lot), of food. Cheese, (we love you Karen), assorted quiches, (we love you too, Amy), some awesome smoked pork, (we love you the most...oh wait, never mind, that was me).

We brewed barleywines, ESB's, barleywines, pumpkin ales, barleywines, wheat beers, etc. Good day. Period.

I'm not going to even try to begin talking about the beers that we drank. I assure you, it was all great beer. Even the commercial offerings were good. :p

Most of all, thanks to our host. Even though some of us were sparging before you rolled your ass out of bed :p, you provided us with a kick ass day, and I'm already looking forward to Fall Down Day 2009, September 26th.

I think it's safe to say we had a wildly successful day.

In other words, Fall Down Day 002 was kick ass.

6 Brewers, roughly 60 gallons of beer made, approximately 60 gallons of rain soaked into our clothing when we ventured out from the garage, and an assload, (that's a lot), of food. Cheese, (we love you Karen), assorted quiches, (we love you too, Amy), some awesome smoked pork, (we love you the most...oh wait, never mind, that was me).

We brewed barleywines, ESB's, barleywines, pumpkin ales, barleywines, wheat beers, etc. Good day. Period.

I'm not going to even try to begin talking about the beers that we drank. I assure you, it was all great beer. Even the commercial offerings were good. :p

Most of all, thanks to our host. Even though some of us were sparging before you rolled your ass out of bed :p, you provided us with a kick ass day, and I'm already looking forward to Fall Down Day 2009, September 26th.
Ima and JE thanks for putting together the Fall down brew day. Great time, great food and everyone seemed to have a good time. I was wore out after leaving, after two brews and lugging all my eqipment over and back home. Still got to watch a great Penn State win last night after getting home, my voice is still hoarse from yelling! We'll need to plan a brew day here at my place sometime in the future, garage can accomadate a lot of brewers. It's 24 x 40 two stories tall, (typical redneck garage bigger than my house). My 09-09-09 Barleywine had an inch of foam on it after four hour and was fermenting very actively. Today it has over 3 inches of foam and I just moved that and the ESB to the basement to ferment, it's 66 degrees down there, much better than the 74 deg upstairs. First brews for me since the end of July, plan on 11 gals of Cr. Ale for this week. Once again thanks for a great time.

I need to add my Thanks as well to the hosts. I learned a lot, met some great folks and drank some fine brews. I look foreward to doing another event, participating not just watching. As I can get equipment gathered, I will definiately be doing all-grain.

Rick

I want to say 'thank you' to JE for having the event and helping to promote brewing together for club members. I can't wait to try the results at the January meeting when Lancaster County Brewers will have the Barleywine themed meeting

What time are you guys meeting. I just signed up to the LCB this week and started brewing a week ago, but I'd love to come out and talk to some people with a common interest. Is it at LMB? Do you need to know a secret handshake or anything?

What time are you guys meeting. I just signed up to the LCB this week and started brewing a week ago, but I'd love to come out and talk to some people with a common interest. Is it at LMB? Do you need to know a secret handshake or anything?
Just show up at 7:00 and bring a few good beers to share. Don't have to be homebrew but some good craft beers will do. Meeting is in the basement of Lancaster Brewing company.

Just show up at 7:00 and bring a few good beers to share. Don't have to be homebrew but some good craft beers will do. Meeting is in the basement of Lancaster Brewing company.

Great. I'm not sure I can sneak out tonight, but I'll try. Sadly, I won't have an offering of my own until next month either. I'd love to get some feedback on our brew (Big 3 IPA) then though.

Either way, I look forward to meeting up with you guys soon.

Great. I'm not sure I can sneak out tonight, but I'll try. Sadly, I won't have an offering of my own until next month either. I'd love to get some feedback on our brew (Big 3 IPA) then though.

Either way, I look forward to meeting up with you guys soon.
Nate,

It was good meeting you last night at the meeting. As you saw it's a fairly active club with a lot of good brewers. Look forward to seeing you at other meetings.

Nate,

It was good meeting you last night at the meeting. As you saw it's a fairly active club with a lot of good brewers. Look forward to seeing you at other meetings.

Yeah, it was my pleasure. I had a blast. Looking forward to bringing some of my own for next time to see what everyone thinks.

Yeah, it was my pleasure. I had a blast. Looking forward to bringing some of my own for next time to see what everyone thinks.
Tomorrow from 5:00 till 7:00 it's cask night at the General Sutter in Lititz. Paul told me they are featuring some of the Wharf Rat beers. There are usually at least several club members that go. I'll be there a little before 5:00.

Tomorrow from 5:00 till 7:00 it's cask night at the General Sutter in Lititz. Paul told me they are featuring some of the Wharf Rat beers. There are usually at least several club members that go. I'll be there a little before 5:00.

Didn't see you Mike! Place was packed as usual for this event and the ESB was spot on(kicked first, go figure!). These things are growing and getting nuts. When I walked in at 5:30pm, it smelled like BO and was hot as hell. Only a few club members where there.

Didn't see you Mike! Place was packed as usual for this event and the ESB was spot on(kicked first, go figure!). These things are growing and getting nuts. When I walked in at 5:30pm, it smelled like BO and was hot as hell. Only a few club members where there.
I had every intention of making it but plans changed. I do like the cask nights and am getting used to it as a monthly event. Just like I want to go to the the Philly trip this coming weekend but I'll be in Philly two weeks from this weekend for another event. Jackie only lets me get away with so many weekend adventures a month and two weeks later is a mountain trip for turkey.

Back