Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the keezer I built over a weekend. I planned around 2 kegs, but a 3rd will fit in the freezer so I can force carb over time. I built it so the beer lines are refrigerated all the way to the taps and it contains a secondary regulator so I can pressurize each keg independently. I got the inspiration from willisbr's YouTube video.

image-4279035970.jpg

image-4040209582.jpg

image-2762816003.jpg

mlarnold said:
Yes its held mine on for over a year

Did you rebuild? Did it just break free? I am trying to decide if I need to reinforce it or just leave it as is?

Thanks

Thanks, I am going to give it a shot. It is not the prettiest keezer, but it will be functional.

Just finished my kegerater today. I don't have any before pics, but man was it a mess before I got my hands on it. I just got into homebrew, so my first two batches are still fermenting.

20121128_171233.jpg

Hi everyone-

Long time lurker, first time poster. :) I wanted to share the kegerator build my husband and I did. We're both big airplane buffs, particularly WWII era fighters. The Spitfire is by far my favorite airplane. I named my home brewery "Spitfire Phoenix Brewing". Here's what we came up with - a Spitfire kegerator.

The fridge is an "apartment-sized" fridge I scored on craigslist for 40 bucks. We spray painted the camouflage markings using hand-cut posterboard as masking. I hand-painted the tap handles as phoenixes, re-purposed from old Michelob handles I got on eBay. We didn't trust our ability to paint perfect circles, so the RAF Roundel is a decal, and the lettering we had done by a custom letter decal maker. What do you think?

Cheers! :mug:

Phoenix.jpg

no decals.jpg

Finished.jpg

Thought i would contribute my kegerator. I used Perlick creamer faucets. Love the Perlick design, not as crazy about the creamer function as I thought I would be.

image-726500695.jpg

image-125831378.jpg

Hi everyone-

Long time lurker, first time poster. :) I wanted to share the kegerator build my husband and I did. We're both big airplane buffs, particularly WWII era fighters. The Spitfire is by far my favorite airplane. I named my home brewery "Spitfire Phoenix Brewing". Here's what we came up with - a Spitfire kegerator.

The fridge is an "apartment-sized" fridge I scored on craigslist for 40 bucks. We spray painted the camouflage markings using hand-cut posterboard as masking. I hand-painted the tap handles as phoenixes, re-purposed from old Michelob handles I got on eBay. We didn't trust our ability to paint perfect circles, so the RAF Roundel is a decal, and the lettering we had done by a custom letter decal maker. What do you think?

Cheers! :mug:

That is flippin' cool! Welcome to HBT!

So I'm not sure if anyone has done this one, and admittedly I did not scroll through the last 400 posts to see. I will claim this is unique unless someone points out a duplicate.

It was spurred on when I accidentally pierced a coolant line in my perfectly good Sanyo kegerator. I purchased this wine cooler at Lowe's, thinking that it had the space I needed for a two keg setup.

Instead of just having to pull the thermostat and tweak it (basically the opposite of the keezer thermostat mod), I shaved the inner walls, and carved out a keg-shaped hole to set a second keg further back, relocated the guts of the fridge about two inches back, formed the back section again with sheet metal and aluminum tape, and filled it back up with spray insulation. I also welded plastic panels in to the sides and back rounded section.

Was this more work than it needed to be? Yes. Could I have just waited until I found a Sanyo to redo the kegerator the way it was? Yes. Is this a completely ridiculous way to go about building a kegerator? Yes. Does it look cool? I think so.

It maintains any temperature I set it to, and I have been able to get it to freezing without much of a problem. Not bad for a wine cooler.

DSC_4514.jpg

DSC_4902.jpg

DSC_4903.jpg

DSC_4512.jpg

So I'm not sure if anyone has done this one, and admittedly I did not scroll through the last 400 posts to see. I will claim this is unique unless someone points out a duplicate.

It was spurred on when I accidentally pierced a coolant line in my perfectly good Sanyo kegerator. I purchased this wine cooler at Lowe's, thinking that it had the space I needed for a two keg setup.

Instead of just having to pull the thermostat and tweak it (basically the opposite of the keezer thermostat mod), I shaved the inner walls, and carved out a keg-shaped hole to set a second keg further back, relocated the guts of the fridge about two inches back, formed the back section again with sheet metal and aluminum tape, and filled it back up with spray insulation. I also welded plastic panels in to the sides and back rounded section.

Was this more work than it needed to be? Yes. Could I have just waited until I found a Sanyo to redo the kegerator the way it was? Yes. Is this a completely ridiculous way to go about building a kegerator? Yes. Does it look cool? I think so.

It maintains any temperature I set it to, and I have been able to get it to freezing without much of a problem. Not bad for a wine cooler.

Nice job! Were you able to use the stock thermostat or did you have to completely replace it?

I recently did a wine/beverage cooler conversion myself: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index392.html#post4487173

Is that a Magic Chef cooler? I've got one myself and I'm having some difficulty finding any coils running across the top of mine (Model MCBC580DBT)

I've tried the corn starch trick, but haven't found anything.

Heh, guess what? Looks like many of these magic chef wine/beer coolers only have coils in the back and not in the top or sides. Makes cutting through less deadly, but still need to watch for the wires for the temperature controller and light that are mounted on the top inside of the cooler....

waterislife said:
Is that a Magic Chef cooler? I've got one myself and I'm having some difficulty finding any coils running across the top of mine (Model MCBC580DBT)

I've tried the corn starch trick, but haven't found anything.

That's the same unit I used for my conversion (see my link in a few posts back).

No coils on top. Also, the wires go directly to the right from the center thermometer/light. You can drill right through the area behind the light with no issues, it's just insulation there.

image-2682360063.jpg

This is the wall outlet. This wall backs up to my garage where the fridge is located. 2 8' lines running off a 20# tank. New brass faucets, and what's advertised is what's running. Chilled to a frosty 34* at 10 psi. Get about a 1" head consistently. I love it!

I can finally add my kegerator to the conversation. I still have to do a little touch up and add the taps and hardware but it is just about done. I went with a glass tile top that I think compliments the wood trim really well..

PC110240.jpg

PC110239.jpg

PC110238.jpg

PC110237.jpg

Back