I found the easiest by far way to remove labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L0stm4n

Reaction score
A little warm water, a scoop of oxyclean and one of these. A 5 year old who loves "helping daddy make beer".
Ge3Yp.jpg

this is just like all those builds that assume you have a spare a/c unit laying around or your buddy has a machine shop. If you have a spare 5 year old laying around yeah youre saving some effort, but if you have to have to conceave, deal with a preggo SWMBO, raise the kid I dont see any effort being saved :p

this is just like all those builds that assume you have a spare a/c unit laying around or your buddy has a machine shop. If you have a spare 5 year old laying around yeah youre saving some effort, but if you have to have to conceave, deal with a preggo SWMBO, raise the kid I dont see any effort being saved :p

Ya... but think about de-labeling bottles and you can rationalize all that very quickly :mug:

Conceiving him was no issue ;-)

That said, like my messiah Alton Brown rails against single purpose items. This boy is very versatile. He holds spoons, he spritzes sanitizer, he fetches past brews from the fridge. I'm telling you. You have got to get one of these.

My particular model Ryan 5.0 is not for sale, but I hear you can DIY pretty easily ;)

Ya... but think about de-labeling bottles and you can rationalize all that very quickly :mug:

I know I have a couple boxes of bottles that need de-labeling in the garage that I was going to do over spring break but that didnt happen, and you do at least get laid in the process. But I could just buy a kegging set up for what the diapers to get the kid to that point would cost.

You have a few bottles in there that I wouldn't be able to cap with my capper. Could you get a Ryan 5.0 that would separate those out?

I know I have a couple boxes of bottles that need de-labeling in the garage that I was going to do over spring break but that didnt happen, and you do at least get laid in the process. But I could just buy a kegging set up for what the diapers to get the kid to that point would cost.

SOOOO true, my son just turned one and has yet to offer a helping hand around the kitchen on brew day, how selfish. Although i'm very happy your is trained appropriately.

I think child labor is a great idea. There's no reason why we can't teach them multiplication at the same time we employ their tiny fingers for laborious tasks.

I hate oxyclean. It does not work well with hard water at all. Yes, it removes the labels but it gives the glass that hazy appearance where the salts sticks. PWB works wonders!

I just did a quick cost benefit analysis and with the cost to raise one child at approximately $220,000 (not including college tuition) my conclusion is it would be cheaper to invest in your own brewery, buy bottles already de-labled and hire a staff of interns.

Just kidding of course as I have a 7 and 9 year old they don't help much but my wife does.

Good pic! Surrounded by empties in the kitchen in his underwear. Now he'll know what to do in college.:fro:

You have a few bottles in there that I wouldn't be able to cap with my capper. Could you get a Ryan 5.0 that would separate those out?

You gotta get the Ryan 6.0 model for that I think, but it doesn't come out until next year.

I have a Darrell 3.0 and he is still learning how he can help. Now that I have my keg setup when he upgrades to 4.0 or 5.0 I will let him make is own soda while I brew. That way he gets is reward in the end for his work too.

By the way great pic and it does give me another idea on how my own can help.

His sister was asleep on the couch so she didn't get to help this time. Usually my 2 1/2 year old daughter picks the bottles out of the water and drains them. She hands them to the hansom fella there in the picture. He takes the labels off. He passes them to me and I use a little blue scrubbie thing to get the remaining glue off. They love doing it.

I hate oxyclean. It does not work well with hard water at all. Yes, it removes the labels but it gives the glass that hazy appearance where the salts sticks. PWB works wonders!

after your done run all of your de-labeled bottles through the dishwasher with no detergent. Works wonders.

I wonder if I could add powdered sanitizer in there and sanitize them in that step too?

after your done run all of your de-labeled bottles through the dishwasher with no detergent. Works wonders.

I wonder if I could add powdered sanitizer in there and sanitize them in that step too?

Well, the water feeding the diswasher is the same, so very hard in my area. Unless we cloth dry our glasses right after the wash cycle is finished, the salts stick to the glass all the same.

That's why I just use PWB. I think it is more expensive than oxyclean, but it's worth it for me :)

Latest posts

Back