Clearer Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
I am now either finished or almost finished drinking a couple of batches that are now about 4-6 months old. As expected they have all gotten gradually better-tasting as they aged. One thing that has really surprised me, though, is that as they have gotten to the 5 or 6 month old stage is that they have suddenly become amazingly clear. I haven't had a problem with cloudy or hazy beer, but this is really a noticeable change.

I don't know if the clearness has any effect on the actual flavor, but to me it makes it more appetizing/appealing when it is clearer.

I sure wish I could just put two cases aside sometime and not even touch them for two months. It sure is hard to do that, though!

Yeah, well, we should all do that with all our beers. Chairman Cheyco's beer usually almost makes it to almost fully carbonated before he drinks it all. :cross:

My most recent batch (a porter) only made it through a week and a half in the bottles before I discovered that it was already good. At this rate, I'll be lucky if it lasts through the month!

Sasquatch said:
Yeah, well, we should all do that with all our beers. Chairman Cheyco's beer usually almost makes it to almost fully carbonated before he drinks it all. :cross:

This stuff is supposed to carbonate?!?! I thought it was going bad!:drunk:

Chairman Cheyco said:
This stuff is supposed to carbonate?!?! I thought it was going bad!:drunk:

I note that your primary and secondary both have "sanitizer" in them. If you start to run low on your stash, keep in mind that "sanitizer" is not a style of beer. :)

mmditter said:
I note that your primary and secondary both have "sanitizer" in them. If you start to run low on your stash, keep in mind that "sanitizer" is not a style of beer. :)

Wow, thanks for the tip, I learn so much on this board...:D

Back